One of the only thing I hate about living on the East Coast

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

godale03

Awesomer!! Than Rolex!!
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey Guys,

Sorry to vent, but this is like the 3rd time this year I have been able to race and it is the 3rd weekend out of 4 that it is going to rain! Living on the east coast means we get all of the crappy on the weekends. Oh well. The track is closed this weekend for official racing because the store remodled and is having a grand re-opening. I was going to go set up and practice but it does not look like I will get the chance. Maybe I will just go and spend some money! LOL Well I just had to rant.... sorry. I just wish I could get a decent weekend and permission to race on the same weekend! Take care guys.

Tom

hey godale:

u think u got it bad

here in wales it always rains man! its what i like to call

pritty poopy city

Yeah... that does stink. I guess it could always be worse.... and we do need the rain here. Oh well. One of these days.

Tom

Hey Tom, We finnally got some good weather comming up this week. High 70's. But being here in NV, The weather changes so fast, you got to go out and do it, or you will be back inside stairing out the windows with your head in your hands. We live up against the Sierra's So it's gorgous sites but you wait 5 min and everything changes. But I guess it could be worse. Have a great day Tom

Well ain't that a bitch... Sun comes out just in time for WORK... :doh:

weather.jpg

That looks like our forcasts lately... Friday Saturday Sunday, rain/cold. Monday-Wednesday 75/clear, thursday overcast 70.

FRIDAY: Mostly cloudy with a passing shower or storm. HIGH: 73

SATURDAY: Partly cloudy with just a slight chance or rain. HIGH: 72

SUNDAY: Partly sunny with a 40% chance for scattered showers and storms. HIGH: 70

Well, waddya know, not too bad for us this weekend! Kind of a surprise!

How about OREGON lol... raaiiinnn, although this week has been AWESOME!!! its been like 70 all week with beautiful weather! Guess what that means, SUMMERRRR!

dude we had so much rain here in hawaii few weeks ago it turned tragic, the rain over flowed the sewer systems, the dumb ass city pumped 50 million gallons of raw poop in the beautiful ocean one dude got drunk and got pushed in the water on the coral reef and got cut to hell and died one week later from the infection...now that sucks!!!

Buggyracer28 said:
How about OREGON lol... raaiiinnn, although this week has been AWESOME!!! its been like 70 all week with beautiful weather! Guess what that means, SUMMERRRR!

Yeah godale, it's not an East Coast monopoly, the schedule goes like: M-Th, sunny and warm, F-Sun rain, wind, and hail. :D

Well hopefully I will get a dry weekend here soon. I am dying to get out there and race! I know the east coast is not always the worst spot, but it seems it only rains on the weekends in the spring.

tom

I got snow last night what are you all crying about?

But the weekend is supposed to be sunny and "warm"

Rain!

godale03 said:
Hey Guys,

Sorry to vent, but this is like the 3rd time this year I have been able to race and it is the 3rd weekend out of 4 that it is going to rain! Living on the east coast means we get all of the crappy on the weekends.

Tom

godale03

Be glad you don't live in England. This has to be the rain capital of the world - the little Island the clouds wont leave alone!

We don't let rain spoil our fun, we race in the rain! Drop down 1 tooth on the clutchbell, make sure the radio box is sealed up, place a plastic bag over the transmitter (the posh boys have proper canvas TX covers, I am not posh, ghetto compromizes rule!) and we're ready for cucumber sandwiches, tea, nitro and more than a little mud!

The worst part of rainy racedays is marshalling, it's like trying to play hockey with ballet slippers on! Pitting is also crap as when I play pitbitch on a rainy day rest assured I'll get my ass mudblasted by the guy I am pitting for! Grattitude!

All in a day's fun. We have a two day race meeting coming up this weekend (Sunday and Monday) as it's a "bank holiday" on Monday.
Guaranteed it will rain... on both days!

Damn Mondo... I don't feel so bad anymore.... We don't gernerally race in the rain, but I guess if it rained most of the time we would have to make it happen like you have. Sounds like fun though! It would suck trying to gas a car while the guy is blipping the throttle. I bet it does sling mud all over the place. Thanks for making me feel a bit better about East Coast weather.

Hey Mondo, where abouts are you located? My soon to be wife wants to spend a week in London this summer. Take care man.

Tom

godale03

I live in Bristol, about 90 minutes from London by car. London is in the South east of England, Bristol is in the South West and in my opinion is a much better place for tourism.
I've only been in England for 5 years after living abroad for in many countires for many years, so rain meetings were quite a novelty to me too!

If you ever shoot out this way, drop me a Personal Message, my local track is in Swindon, Wiltshire (Stonehenge county) which is not that far from London and hopefully your vacation will coincide with a race meeting, so you can see how it's done on this side of the pond. I think you'll be impressed, I certainly was! Don;t know if the new "Mrs godale03" will be though.... ;¬)

Mondo said:
godale03

I live in Bristol, about 90 minutes from London by car. London is in the South east of England, Bristol is in the South West and in my opinion is a much better place for tourism.
I've only been in England for 5 years after living abroad for in many countires for many years, so rain meetings were quite a novelty to me too!

If you ever shoot out this way, drop me a Personal Message, my local track is in Swindon, Wiltshire (Stonehenge county) which is not that far from London and hopefully your vacation will coincide with a race meeting, so you can see how it's done on this side of the pond. I think you'll be impressed, I certainly was! Don;t know if the new "Mrs godale03" will be though.... ;¬)

Sounds good my friend. If I did make it to the track I would definitely have to drop her off at the shoppes. I am always up for a new experience and would love to see how things are done in Bristol!

Tom

Back