Anyone running nitrous?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just want to say it is NOT always the fastest that win. Last weekend I finished 3rd with a redcat chimera against 21 other 5th sclers. I was the only one running something other than Losi or HPI. The other trucks were faster, and better trucks. I knew how to drive mine and what not to do. One thing I will not do is add anything with the only purpose being to make it uncontrollable fast. And when you push a little engine that hard and rev it that high how can you not be doing damage? To me NO2 just sounds like a big waste of money, time and my little engine. Just my opinion, Shaun

props to the guy that posted this, its got over 1k views, the stupidity heard 'round the world

You guys are aware that there are different jets for different levels of performance? It isn't uncontrollable, like some are claiming. And to the guy who said we don't drag race, obviously doesn't live here, we do drag race with nitro RC's and this does give you the edge, just like drag racing any motor vehicle. Yeah you can go to a bigger motor and run higher nitro content but you can do that and still use the nitrous as well. The bigger motors work better on nitrous. Increase the nitro content of your fuel does not give you near the power increase you get from nitrous injection

just stick with nitro and a piston. spend less money, enjoy the hobby for longer.

munch.gif

Last edited:
Damn. It just got personal up in here...
munch.gif

Nice avatar, I have that Nitro Fish tattooed on my back, got it in Gainesville at the Mac Tools Gator Nationals about 10 years ago.

Increase the nitro content of your fuel does not give you near the power increase you get from nitrous injection[/QUOTE]

Then I guess you know something that the guys running top fuel don't. Nitro has 2 atoms of O2, nitrous only has one. (I think I already said that once.) Nitrous is going in as a gas. Nitro is going in as a atomized liquid. The density of the liquid is going to have more O2 per cubic volume than the gas.

Increase the nitro content of your fuel does not give you near the power increase you get from nitrous injection

Then I guess you know something that the guys running top fuel don't. Nitro has 2 atoms of O2, nitrous only has one. (I think I already said that once.) Nitrous is going in as a gas. Nitro is going in as a atomized liquid. The density of the liquid is going to have more O2 per cubic volume than the gas.[/QUOTE]

Nitrous oxide or N2O is composed of two parts nitrogen and one part oxygen, and oxygen, along with fuel, produces power. When nitrous oxide is heated to 572 degrees Fahrenheit it breaks down and releases the oxygen into the mixture, and under ideal conditions, provides a substantial boost in power. Simply stated - the more oxygen you can deliver, the more power you can make.

Nitrous oxide injection also serves to boost power by cooling the intake charge. Nitrous is stored in the bottle in liquid form at about 1000 PSI. When it is released into the intake, it expands into a gas. This causes the temperature to drop considerably, which causes the density to rise. The denser the intake charge is, the more that will fit in the cylinder

By the way I do know a lot about top fuel, being the owner of a top fuel drag bike that I very sucsessfully run at Spokane Raceway Park, I doubt you know any more than I do.

Increase the nitro content of your fuel does not give you near the power increase you get from nitrous injection

You still haven't proven that it is a power increase. And you won't. You just keep saying "power increase, power increase, power increase" but your full of it.

For nikko and the few others that saw the deleted post, I'd just like to respond to Elmo by saying, "Besa me culo, por favor. :mex:

By the way I do know a lot about top fuel, being the owner of a top fuel drag bike that I very sucsessfully run at Spokane Raceway Park, I doubt you know any more than I do.[/QUOTE]

Well, I just got off the phone with a buddy of mine who's running nitrous and he kind of told me the same thing that you did so I guess my line of thought is incorrect. I was mainly looking at the chemical content of the nitro.

Hey, lady's. Can we give it a rest already. Wow.

I must be getting old.... Damn it..

I got a really good laugh when I saw that post, even though it had already been deleted. What made it even funnier is the fact that it got him a 2 week time out. :hehe:

Which post? I missed out when I was asleep.

It was the funniest post I have seen in a long time.

It's being framed and going up on the mod lounge wall of fame.

Back