New Truck is Here!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
not sure, he is gonna do a class for 3 months and give away a race kit, then switch to another class, 2wd buggies are starting and will run for 3 months and then switch to probably mini 8 and so on, i hate i can't run the buggy series, its a blast.

I just think having a series that doesn't run on weekends is pretty much shooting yourself in the foot business wise IMO. But what do I know, I'm just a hillbilly that plays with toy cars. :D

That sucks you'll miss it buddy, but there's always next series though. Buy that trail rig, I'll bring the wraith and we'll go break some crap.

My stock steering servo burnt up the last race I ran, so the truck got a new servo, and a new external BEC since I had a brownout as well.

VHtsvru.jpg

Installed

Jt1Xj35.jpg

I also came up with this for tomorrow

iYZPvhp.jpg

Gratz Brutha!!! I'm glad Rolex didnt get sick when he saw that new kit touching the dirt in that first picture you posted.

^^Ha ha, thanks fellas. The GoPro mount didn't work, camera fell face down almost immediately. But I'll rig up something better for next weekend though.

Oh, so you got some pretty sweet footage of you're beefy servo? ;)

Well the Hitec servo SUCKS for anything that goes over 2.1 MPH :D and it showed in my results last week, I fought the truck all day long. So I caved and went with Tmaxxfreek's advice, and man this thing is FAST. I also added the GH clamping horn as well so there will be no slop at the servo end.

aOVSxBE.jpg

bYx4Ac6.jpg

Looking good let me know how u liking that servo I'm in the market for a servo for my sc truck

I like reading about race days to so keep them coming hopefully I have sme soon too when they open a track near me

I just put a hitec servo as well and got the same results as you. Slow very slow. Thru me off all day yesterday so i just quit for the day.
Whats the spec's on that servo?

The SC1258TG combines leading edge technology with super high 12-bit (4096) resolution and titanium and aluminum gears for one amazing servo! With titanium and aluminum gears, this servo is truly magical. Pushing 167 ounces of torque and a blistering .08 transit time, this servo is redefining what an all-around servo should be capable of. This is a great upgrade to most comparably priced servos.

Features:
Combines leading edge technology with super high 12 bit (4096) resolution and titanium gears.
Super light-weight.
Coreless motor provides high speed, incredible efficiency, and low power consumption.
Extremely strong titanium gears ensure long-life and durability.
The aluminum case design not only looks good but also allows for cooler and smoother operating temps.
Our servos are totally green – from materials to production, these servos are environmentally friendly.
Ideal for CCPM on 600 and 700 class heli, steering servo on 1/10 scale buggies.
Dimensions(mm): 40.3x20.2x37.2
Weight(g): 52.4
Speed(@4.8V sec/60): .10
Torque(@4.8V oz-in): 133.3
Speed(@6.0V sec/60): .08
Torque(@6.0V oz-in): 166.6
Gear: Titanium & Aluminum
Bearing: 2BB
Case: Aluminum
25 Tooth Spline

Thanks guys, didn't do well yesterday, the switch on my ESC took a crap after one race. I know I should have taken it off already, but it was nice to have for programming, but it will be going bye bye now. The servo worked great though, lightning fast running it off the CC BEC at 6V.

Back