If You Didn't Do Anything RC Related, What Did You Do, Today?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another 12 hours in the lab...

qnx06Pd.jpg
Besides anthrax, what else do you do at this lab?

That is the least sensitive picture I could post.
I work in the R&D labs for a semi-conductor company.
That is only one lab, where we have automated test equipment vs the other labs which are bench-top, bread-board types.

My first career was in the USAF, last duty station was Colorado, just east of the Springs... we had fun there, and then they turned our toy into an operational asset.

That is the least sensitive picture I could post.
I work in the R&D labs for a semi-conductor company.
That is only one lab, where we have automated test equipment vs the other labs which are bench-top, bread-board types.
Tired Baby GIF

My first career was in the USAF, last duty station was Colorado, just east of the Springs... we had fun there, and then they turned our toy into an operational asset.
Thats cool. I work at Wright Patterson AF Base.

I had a friend who was stationed there. He grew up in Xenia, OH.

My first boss in Colorado was a Major who had been a project manager at Wright Pat, before coming to AFSPC. My last boss (at the NTF) was an SR-71 driver, who grew too old (late 30s) to pass the flight physical, so he came over to the ground side.

I had a friend who was stationed there. He grew up in Xenia, OH.

My first boss in Colorado was a Major who had been a project manager at Wright Pat, before coming to AFSPC. My last boss (at the NTF) was an SR-71 driver, who grew too old (late 30s) to pass the flight physical, so he came over to the ground side.
Xenia is only about 30 minutes from me. I lived there once upon a time. I live in a suburb of Dayton now. I'm a PM also.

Today started with shopping with my wife, then fertilised, wetter and watered the lawn, changed gearbox oil and kill switch on the outboard, picked up gravel from fence replacement, put up christmas fairy lights, removes old clothesline post, helped clean the oven, sprayed insecticide around deck, replaced some insulation on the air-conditioning pipes and leaf blowing.

Last edited:
Today started with shopping with my wife, then fertilised, wetter and watered lawn, changed gearbox oil and kill switch on the outboard, picked up gravel from fence replacement, put up christmas fairy lights, removes old clothesline post, helped clean the oven, sprayed insecticide around deck, replaced some insulation on the air-conditioning pipes and leaf blowing.
Wow, that is a full day! My "projects and tasks" almost always seems to run into complications, and end up taking much longer than it really should. Fortunately, most of these things do not have deadlines, so it's done when it gets done.

I forgot to post yesterday's to-do. My oldest is home from college for the week, so my priority was to do an oil change and tire rotation on her HRV. Cleanest oil change I've ever done, thanks to the replacement of the oil drain nut with one that is designed for a much easier and cleaner drainage of the oil pan.
The tire rotation, however, turned complicated. One of the lug nuts somehow got cross threaded. First time this has ever to me. I had to take the car down to the auto shop. Luckily, it was a rather quick fix fir them to replace the lug stud. I was told that today's oem lug studs tends to be of a softer metal grade than years past 🤨
While the HRV was getting repaired, my son and I, went over to my MIL's to help her with the start of her Xmas decor. I also did some pruning to one of her small trees, next to the house, that was getting too wide and unruly.
Last chore of the day was to clean the pellet stove. Then I settled and vegged out to the TV and mess with the acoustic a bit.
Screenshot_20231125_091818.jpg

Last edited:
Wow, that is a full day! My "projects and tasks" almost always seems to run into complications, and end up taking much longer than it really should. Fortunately, most of these things do not have deadlines, so it's done when it gets done.

I forgot to post yesterday's to-do. My oldest is home from college for the week, so my priority was to do an oil change and tire rotation on her HRV. Cleanest oil change I've ever done, thanks to the replacement of the oil drain nut with one that is designed for a much easier and cleaner drainage of the oil pan.
The tire rotation, however, turned complicated. One of the lug nuts somehow got cross threaded. First time this has ever to me. I had to take the car down to the auto shop. Luckily, it was a rather quick fix fir them to replace the lug stud. I was told that today's oem lug studs tends to be of a softer metal grade than years past 🤨
While the HRV was getting repaired, my son and I, went over to my MIL's to help her with the start of her Xmas decor. I also did some pruning to one of her small trees, next to the house, that was getting too wide and unruly.
Last chore of the day was to clean the pellet stove. Then I settled and vegged out to the TV and mess with the acoustic a bit.
Had a productive day yesterday too. Mowed the lawn, cleaned the pond filter, removed old clothesline, removed temporary fencing, racked leaves, watered lawn, repaired a sprinkler, repaired mother-in-laws outdoor blinds, hosed out air-conditioning condenser core, picked lemons, bla bla.

A man's work is never done.

Had a productive day yesterday too. Mowed the lawn, cleaned the pond filter, removed old clothesline, removed temporary fencing, racked leaves, watered lawn, repaired a sprinkler, repaired mother-in-laws outdoor blinds, hosed out air-conditioning condenser core, picked lemons, bla bla.

A man's work is never done.
Now I know the reason you eat so well.....because you absolutely deserve it! :cheers:

Now I know the reason you eat so well.....because you absolutely deserve it!
Thank you but the truth is, I work away. So when I'm home I have to catch up with all the house chores and maintenance. Although not everyday is productive. Sometimes I spend too much time on these forums 😆🤣

Back