Zenoah g270 on HPI baja

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sAvageXl

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hi guys, back with some more stupid begginer questions. I'm seriously considering upgrading my engine to a Zenoah g270 and I had a couple of questions. First off, does the engine come from the factory with the carb needles set correctly? Or will I have to adjust them myself. Also will I need to buy anything to make it fit or will the motor be a direct bolt up to where the stock cy 26cc originally was. The car is a Hpi baja 5b SS. Any help would be great.

Hi guys, back with some more stupid begginer questions. I'm seriously considering upgrading my engine to a Zenoah g270 and I had a couple of questions. First off, does the engine come from the factory with the carb needles set correctly? Or will I have to adjust them myself. Also will I need to buy anything to make it fit or will the motor be a direct bolt up to where the stock cy 26cc originally was. The car is a Hpi baja 5b SS. Any help would be great.

Yes it is a direct fit ,you can even go twice that big an still be a direct fit ,most small bore is!..👍
The needles are factory set ,but can be fine tuned with just a small turn is all that is needed for
your environment!..😎
I installed a 35cc in mine not too long ago!..👍

Last edited:
Yes it is a direct fit ,you can even go twice that big an still be a direct fit ,most small bore is!..👍
The needles are factory set ,but can be fine tuned with just a small turn is all that is needed for
your environment!..😎
I installed a 35cc in mine not too long ago!..👍

Thats awesome! glad to know its just a simple install. Itll be the breaking in that takes time😂

Thats awesome! glad to know its just a simple install. Itll be the breaking in that takes time😂

Not really ,just keep the carb set at rich for the first tank and keep the heavy finger off ,it is not
like a nitro engine on break-in ,you are wearing in a ring to the cylinder an seating it!..👍
Beware ,it takes a very long time to run out of fuel an you will most likely quit driving it
before you run out!..🤣😂

Not really ,just keep the carb set at rich for the first tank and keep the heavy finger off ,it is not
like a nitro engine on break-in ,you are wearing in a ring to the cylinder an seating it!..👍
Beware ,it takes a very long time to run out of fuel an you will most likely quit driving it
before you run out!..🤣😂
yup, I remember my dad breaking in the cy when we first got it and how long that thing took to run out of fuel, at least we had a massive field:thumbs-up:😂

I just changed an engine in my T2000 and left the carb a little rich and set the controller at 80% for the next few hours to break it in and not over rev it. Seems to be working ok just a little smoky

Back