Your Favorite RC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reddog

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I just wondered the other day. I have my new trucks here and find myself still messing around with my old, beat up, Frankenstein T-Maxx more than anything.
Does anyone else here have an old favorite they just can't leave alone when the chance to get out with an rc arises?
Not that I dont run my new ones cause I rather enjoy them, I just really enjoy my old maxx. Shaun

Yeah, I'll always love my RC10GTs (yes, plural; I have 6 of them). My 1/8 scale 4WD stuff can outperform them in pretty much every way, but there's just something about those nimble little stadium trucks.

Funny you mention a 2WD stadium truck as your favorite. I'm in the same boat.
I think I now have about 20 rc's of different sorts, but my Losi XXXNT AD is still my all time favorite.
It's old faithful, never gives me any issues and it's just a real kick in the ass to drive.

My old short chassis tmaxx, I always refer to as Patch's. It's a crap ton of mix maxed quality parts and makes but it's tough as nails and always takes the beating I dish out and never fails me no matter what!

That would be my hpi mt2. It's just a fun lil truck. Easy to work on and that g3.0 will fly.

Its not that old but I Love my CEN GST!!! Sometimes when I'm awake at night Ill go down to my office in the basement and just wipe it down with windex and I've even fired it up a few times. But not too long so my wife doesn't wake up. Its the biggest baddest RC truck I've ever owned!! Everything about it say Badd Ass!!!

I think its funny that a lot of members here have some real hi dollar trucks but they always revert to their basher Traxxas or entry level hobby grade trucks for fun. I know I do, my Losi 8T does not get near as much drive time as my others but that's because I don't want to buy parts for it! Lol, the parts for my Revo's are pretty in.expensive

My mERV is actually my favorite. It's also a Timex. The only things that broke on it were because of my own stupidity.

My nephew says his favorite rc for just bashing around with is a hodge podge of several different stadium trucks into one.

My first gen tmaxx which has an os .18 and 2.5 driveline never gets old. It's definitely a head turner and it's my first rc so running it brings back some good memories and some bad memories of how I struggled with it. Back in 2000 there was no YouTube or a lot of forums to go to so I was pretty much on my own besides the LHS.

Mine is a savage I've owned all sorts of rc's but I always go back to it. I have right now 2 savages, 2 losi 2.0 truggy's and 801xt, losi micro 1/24th truggy and I still go back to the first savage lol.

I've got to go with my Rusty, it started life as an old .15 model and now has a 3.3 and a few other upgrades/mods on it. It was my second rig and I picked it up for $50 with a box of parts.

This proves that what I've been telling people is true, 2wd STs are underrated. Everyone wants a big 4x4 but the 2wds are perfect for newbies and bashers, being as they're pretty basic the repairs are normally quick and simple.... except for the Jato, the Jato's front end is a PITA.

Yeah, I'll always love my RC10GTs (yes, plural; I have 6 of them). My 1/8 scale 4WD stuff can outperform them in pretty much every way, but there's just something about those nimble little stadium trucks.

I would have to say the RC10GT also

I also have 6 Rc10gt's and 2 RC10GT2's

I just love these things

Everyone of them that's on my workbench is my favourite. Once they're assembled they are no longer my favourite, and can join the rest at the back of my hobby room.

My frankenRevo is still my only RC, never seen the need to get anything else, it does everything I want & can take a beating.
Most would consider it a big $ truck, carbond fibre chassis, big block, rpm everything, RRP gears, steel axles etc etc - almost no stock TRX parts on it.
But I don't treat it like it's worth what it cost, I treat it like a redhead stepson - that's what I built it for, whats the point of pumping $ into a rig if it's gonna be a shelf queen.

That's the best part of a good build: Being able to beat on it like a red-headed step-child and have it come back for more.

I'm still new...so can't really fall in to the 'good ol' day syndrome' with any specific vehicle...but my all-time favorite is the Losi 810. It's hard to explain what it's like driving one...but it is far different than any other of our vehicles. Even before it was silly-fast, it just felt fast...if that makes sense. It can bash, it can race, it can fly in the air like a squirrel....and its damn durable. What sucks is that I sometimes feel I'm the only guy left who has one. I know two guys at our track who race SCTE, so I can somewhat 'talk shop' with them, but that's it. Most shops that had one parted them out for the SCTE. Over the past two years I've put so much work and analysis in it - far more than all our other vehicles. I've tested ~60% of setup permutations, which is a lot when you think about it. What's great is that I have so much more to test out, meaning there is definite room to make it even better. When it hit the market there was a HUGE backlash from 1/8 Losi nitro 'snobs', but talk to/look up reviews from anyone that has actually owned one and it's unlikely you'll read a single negative word on it. We have an 8ight 2.0 that is as mean as any one out there (and I love that buggy too)...but give me the 810 any day!

I imagine I'll be hard-pressed to ever own another vehicle that gives me such joy to drive.

whats the point of pumping $ into a rig if it's gonna be a shelf queen.
Hell yeah! :thumbup:

Last edited:
For speed I always go for my jato
he3emuzu.jpg

For bashing... Love my 4910 tmaxx
eru5uvus.jpg

Back