Yay or nay - SCTE 3.0 RTR (almost) for 200 bucks!?!?!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
https://www.ebay.com/itm/256337907974?epid=1159734911&hash=item3baeee1106:grkAAOSwhfdldom1&amdata=enc:AQAIAAAAwNTsxA+zYWzNiLAOVc6FvnpSiGbO1V8mO3OVuNufwaJ5rJmWkTMWoUUy1RWv3OJlUcfIs23RLqAIPwVCiO5r49kRceGOzvq9p1Kx79eLOzhKsK0SnC6i6ssgOTnC4yue95r9pQZ45dPzHq2xJcG6uyoIKmwMfkXvy3zAuS20KViswsP6wQygKqBu0E/OxYxSUBCVY3yVfyOgT0+btXzqYJ2yhGWt1fNQSqVoynD1bv2wAZvb6CAzs6wPJTWfoy1viw==|tkp:Bk9SR9K1vP2LYw

SCTE 3.0 RTR (no tx)
Sounds like a yay to me
Do i have moneys?
No
Do I wish to get rid of my trashy slash?
Yes
Would I?
ALways said ill get rid of my slash one day, and the day hasn't come yet
Will I actually get rid of it?
Probably not
Oops, maybe, maybe not, its a bid, started at 100, now up to 205. I might put in 215.

Last edited:
It is discontinued. Stock up on parts.
Ik. But it should be durable.
Shouldn't be like trashy traxxas breaking every 30 seconds.
My question is where can i find parts.
Was searching for tekno too but seems a little bit more pricy, ill go with tlr.
My uncle rarely had to fix his 2.0. Wish he didn't get rid of it.

I like it 👍

Ik. But it should be durable.
Shouldn't be like trashy traxxas breaking every 30 seconds.
My question is where can i find parts.
Was searching for tekno too but seems a little bit more pricy, ill go with tlr.
My uncle rarely had to fix his 2.0. Wish he didn't get rid of it.
Ebay the part numbers is what I find best. @Greywolf74 might know.

One thing I don't like about these TLRs are that they are a mix of metric hex and standard hex hardware. I only have metric hex tools. Do I want to spend another maybe 50 dollars plus on a standard hex set just for one car? No not really.

One thing I don't like about these TLRs are that they are a mix of metric hex and standard hex hardware. I only have metric hex tools. Do I want to spend another maybe 50 dollars plus on a standard hex set just for one car? No not really.
They came like that new???

Just searched up part #s on eBay. Still have plenty of parts so I'm good!
Just searched up common broke parts like spur gear shock tower arms, ect.

I honestly don't use mine a lot, but so far it's been pretty solid. The most common problems I've had are:

• Wires at risk of being damaged by the exposed spur gear.
  • Oil leaks from shocks after rough usage, due to bad landings and crashes.
  • The screw securing the motor mount can become loose, affecting the car's movement.
  • Breakage of the front A-arms.

yes all of the scte's from losi/tlr I believe are mostly all Standard or SAE hex. Manual says standard sizes and some metric hexes / nut drivers here and there.
That's terrible.

Wires at risk of being damaged by the exposed spur gear.
What my uncle did on his 2.0 is zip tie the wires to the plate that goes above the spur gear.
Deff not like my B74 from associated where the spur gear is completely exposed. Although I got a 3d printed cover for it from eBay a while back. Used to use it, but now I route my wires a different way so I dont need it anymore.
20160604_220045.jpg

• The screw securing the motor mount can become loose, affecting the car's movement.
Loctite could work?
  • Breakage of the front A-arms.
essentially every single car out there.

Yea this would be a very very good basher, and a club racer at the same time.
My uncle has a standard hex set from arrowmaxx, gonna steal it from him since his xray is only metric (i believe so)
Screenshot 2023-12-12 172536.png

Just remember when bidding that it's plus $40 for shipping. I say go for it if calls to you though. Looks like a nice truck in really good condition.

Comparing some differences, looks like on the 3.0, the chassis braces are plastic instead of metal or aluminum on the 2.0.
Not to mention I already have a set of wheels for this. I got de racing trinidad wheels. Misread it and thought they were slash offset wheels. Oh well. They fit the slash but the front wheels are just pointed in a little. Fine for me. Doesn't really affect anything.

Uncle has a set of sae hex drivers I can use.
Now it is just finding moneys
I don't always have to get this one too. There are a couple OGs and 2.0 rollers on there too, some are clean, some need cleaning and rebuild, but much more expensive.
This with a tekin servo, tekin lipos, tekin 4300kv motor, tekin rx8, sounds like a incredible deal

Yea not gonna happen, just gonna say it. Just right now. It will happen someday once I move away from basic cars. Most likely when I get a job. Which can be right now, but most likely not until the next 2 or so years.

Last edited:
The electronics alone, yea that’s going to end up being well over $300 easily. Nice condition but it’s going to be a bidding war. Save up some money and keep a look out. PayPal does the pay in 4 so if you had some cash set aside you could just pay a little at a time until you had enough for the entire purchase. It’s every 2 weeks I think. My best scores have been used, it just took some time cleaning, regreasing bearings, servicing diffs, etc. some parts will need replaced. When you find the right one you’ll know, but you also need the $$$ for it.

What my uncle did on his 2.0 is zip tie the wires to the plate that goes above the spur gear.
Deff not like my B74 from associated where the spur gear is completely exposed. Although I got a 3d printed cover for it from eBay a while back. Used to use it, but now I route my wires a different way so I dont need it anymore.
View attachment 176984

Loctite could work?

essentially every single car out there.

Yea this would be a very very good basher, and a club racer at the same time.
My uncle has a standard hex set from arrowmaxx, gonna steal it from him since his xray is only metric (i believe so)
View attachment 176985
Good call on the wire management. Yeah all of those problems are pretty common and not hard to overcome. I'm just telling you the issues I've personally run in to with mine.

Back