XTM Rage help

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buggington

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi.

I've had my XTM rage for a few months and i've decided that I need to get some lights fitted to it. I'm fed up of driving it in the dark (especially in the winter) where it spins off into a hedge and I can't tell whether or not the reverse.

I've found a set of lights - can anyone tell me if they're any good and give me any tips on how to fit them?

Buggington:)

Sure..................................what lights?

you would plug them into your reciever. and I've never used them but they probably dont have a way bright beam but enough to see the where your going and to see if its facing forward or backward

Does anyone have any idea what kind of stuff I would need to upgrade my Rage to LiPos?

Buggiongton

just my idea hook lights to a 9v or something then you would not be drawing power from the car

just my idea hook lights to a 9v or something then you would not be drawing power from the car

Yeah good idea, but I don't think LED bulbs use much power at all, so I could be all right. Besides, would people buy them if they affected the performance of your car so much?

Buggington

I wouldnt go for LED's that you have to plug into the Rage's battery, because you can only get 15 minutes run time with the stock batteries.

I wouldnt go for LED's that you have to plug into the Rage's battery, because you can only get 15 minutes run time with the stock batteries.

Yeah, true. The strip lights (see photos I sent you) would be connected to a light 9v battery. My uncle reckons they only draw milliamps from it, so I could plug them in everywhere. If I get bored again, I might start doing a roof rack for it, then put lights on that!

Besides, if I put the hammer down, I only get 10mins run time anyway. Do you know if there's anywhere I can get a better battery for for the Rage?

Buggington

Last edited:
Back