XTM Rage Brushless

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vernon7026

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hey all

I am looking at getting a XTM rage brushless for my kid, he is only 4.

Would this be a suitable car and can you use lipos on it ??

regards

I would not recommend it because of a lack of replacement parts and aftermarket support. The speed and power of a brushless is probably not a good idea for someone that young. You might want to look instead to a Traxxas Rustler or Stampede XL-12. Both are brushed and can easily be converted to brushless as your son progresses. Traxxas replacement parts are relatively easy to come by and there is a lot of aftermarket support. Both of those trucks also have a training mode that limits the truck to half throttle.

Dont the Traxxas models also have a training mode on the ESC that limits the power to like 50% or something like that?

I would not recommend it because of a lack of replacement parts and aftermarket support. The speed and power of a brushless is probably not a good idea for someone that young. You might want to look instead to a Traxxas Rustler or Stampede XL-12. Both are brushed and can easily be converted to brushless as your son progresses. Traxxas replacement parts are relatively easy to come by and there is a lot of aftermarket support. Both of those trucks also have a training mode that limits the truck to half throttle.

Already mentioned it, but thanks for trying to keep me honest, GW.

I would also reccomend the rustler or maybe the brushed slash. Like mentioned above, XTM is a break and throw away brand, Traxxas or HPI or mainstream companies are vast with replacement parts.

Just my .02