Xtm engine swap

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xtmreborn

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
So after struggling to get my xtm xcelerator engine to run iv decided I'm going to change the engine to an sh18 wich is pretty much the same engine but problem iv got is the xtm engine is rear exsust and the sh18 is a side exshust so is the possible to configure the exsust using like elbows etc to make it work with the xtm car ?

You could get an exhaust manifold that wraps another 90 degrees from the side, like this one, so the pipe attaches in the same place. There's also a few rear-exhaust .18's left on ebay, could drop one of those in directly.

Elbows have been attempted but tend to be a failure point, a straight connection is ideal.

You could get an exhaust manifold that wraps another 90 degrees from the side, like this one, so the pipe attaches in the same place. There's also a few rear-exhaust .18's left on ebay, could drop one of those in directly.

Elbows have been attempted but tend to be a failure point, a straight connection if

Elbows have been attempted but tend to be a failure point, a straight connection is ideal.
If its a side exshust engine then a rear exshust won't fit I don't have the room if I put a side exshust engine in it
20230508_204252.jpg

If its a side exshust engine then a rear exshust won't fit I don't have the room if I put a side exshust engine in itView attachment 167512

The manifold & engine I linked offer two different solutions, you wouldn't use both.

The manifold I linked would allow you to put a side-exhaust engine, like the SH.18 in that vehicle, though you may need to fit a roto-start instead of a pullstart.

The engine I linked is identical to the one you have now and would be a direct replacement.

The manifold & engine I linked offer two different solutions, you wouldn't use both.

The manifold I linked would allow you to put a side-exhaust engine, like the SH.18 in that vehicle, though you may need to fit a roto-start instead of a pullstart.

The engine I linked is identical to the one you have now and would be a direct replacement.
Yes that 90 degree elbow is perfect thanks postage is expensive but atliest i know they exsist thanks

You need to go read the rules you agreed to when you signed up please. Specifically;

You are EXPECTED to:

Edit your posts for spelling and grammar. RCTalk.com's usability depends on this.
Use capitalization
No excessive Internet jargon
Use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation

You need to go read the rules you agreed to when you signed up please. Specifically;

You are EXPECTED to:

Edit your posts for spelling and grammar. RCTalk.com's usability depends on this.
Use capitalization
No excessive Internet jargon
Use proper spelling, grammar and punctuation
Really wow! The Karen's are out! Iv posted many threads on here and always had friendly helpful replies. You need to get a life

Really wow! The Karen's are out! Iv posted many threads on here and always had friendly helpful replies. You need to get a life
I have a life, and part of that life is being part of the staff here at RCT to try and help out.

As I said, it's in the rules you agreed to when you signed up. You DID read those rules, right?

You're actually doing yourself a favor by doing that anyway. A lot of people wont even bother to read posts that are difficult to read. Daily users like myself read tons of posts everyday and the easier you make it for us to help you, the more help you're likely to get. Just my :2cents:

Buy the rear exhaust Dynamite .19 and be done with it.