xt acadamy won't start

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kingchristo

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi I have a xt acadamy engine and I carnt get it to start. The glow plug is fine and I have fuel running to it put new fuel in but it won't start can anyone help

Thanks guys I've checked the plug with the ignitor and it glows up. I haven't taken it apart but was going to clean the carb out today. I'll try and get a video of starting it up. I have flooded it and deflooded it and it still won't start thanks for helping me I'm totally new to this

Also how would you check the clutch spring

it should start even with a broken clutch spring ,see if it will start with the wheels off the ground ,sit
it on a block of wood or something ,but ,if the clutch is broke ,you should not run it!

The wheels will want to turn while starting the engine if the clutch was broke!

I tried it lifted and still won't start but the wheels do turn when the pull is pulled

I will try and strip it tonight and get a new clutch tomorrow and then see if it fires up

I will try and strip it tonight and get a new clutch tomorrow and then see if it fires up

It may not need a new clutch ,you might can mend the old one,if it is a single spring ,just bend a hook at the break!
If you have a little heating torch or even at the kitchen stove ,you can heat the spring red hot to bend a hook at
each end!
As long as the ends that broke can be hooked back together!...:cool:

Arrr cool let's hope I can do that and get it going for my little girl

A lot of people think that to tune an engine ,you turn the HSN & LSN needle after break-in is done!

Once an engine is broke in an those sets are adjusted ,the idle set screw will also need to be adjusted to
calm the engine down off of the high revs!

The high revs is what burnt the clutch up!

I'll have to find the setting for the idle screw so I can set it

I'll have to find the setting for the idle screw so I can set it

When the sets that I mention is tuned ,the engine will start to rev high ,when it does ,there is a idle set screw on the carb. that needs to
be adjusted ,If it don't ,then your trim on the transmitter needs to be adjusted as well!

I garrantee ,you wont see this on engine tune thread!

Thanks hope fixing the clutch tomorrow allows me to start it then I can tune it thanks for your help will let u know how I get on

Got the clutch off. The spring still ok but the clutch is a melon shape rather than round could this cause no start

I've sealed the exhaust outlet and also the screw on the carb going to retry it tommorow