Xbox (mods N Stuff)

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Z

Zoomer

Anyone own an xbox, if so have you done the Xecuter 2 LITE mod???????? Did you install a new hard drive????Where did you get the bios from???????? Can you help me????? Do you want to know where to get a xbox mod????????
what does this look like??? (_o_) :lurk:
are you lurking around my ass?????
LOL
XBOX

They have all that for xboxes? Anyhoo, i got a ps2.

YOu might try ebay for the shtuff you want

I own an XBox. I have been thinking about installing the mod that allows you to install a larger HD and copy the games to it. Only problem is that I play on XBL and Microsoft can detect the mod some how so they ban your MAC address. Plus I still have the extended warranty so I don't want to waste that.

mcvickj - actually it comes with a switch to turn it off and a program that makes you HD run like factory, so MS cannot detect that you are running any mods at all, then when you are done, turn it back on and tere you go, it is back to modified mode....... It is awsome!!!!!

Sweet. I didn't know that. I was kinda thinking about it. Do you know the name of the mod?

yeah it is the Xecuter 2.1 LITE, i just ordered mine, and i ordered it from www.modchipsource.com it was a good place and all the others are from the UK and i didnt want to have to wait, so i picked a US web site, they are competitivley priced too.

there is onnly 1 diff between the Xecuter 2 LITE and the 2.1 LITE, and it is the LED's, and a $1 diff. but i am getting a clear case for my XBOX so i wanted the LEDs

they also have order confirmation i just got mine, they are actually quick, it took them 1 day to process, and they SAY 3 days to ship. shipping $9.00

i have a x2.2 Pro modchip and a 80 G harddrive and have Backed up a couple of games on it, you have to find a patch if the harddrive is over 140 gig with the x2.x lite/pro if it isnt then all you need is a evox bios and evox dash to set up the drive. go to www.xbox-scene.com and they have all you need to know!

PM me if you want to know more! or email me. email

when i go to the details for th x2.2 lite it says i got to buy a programmer for it where do i find that?

Originally posted by mcvickj
I own an XBox. I have been thinking about installing the mod that allows you to install a larger HD and copy the games to it. Only problem is that I play on XBL and Microsoft can detect the mod some how so they ban your MAC address. Plus I still have the extended warranty so I don't want to waste that.

Same exact reason I don't touch mine. I admit I was into modding at one time. Shoot I put about 20 chips into in 20 PSones back in the day to get past the bad data validity checker so you could play burnt games. I got over it though. Every copied game makes the next one suck that much more, and has even made favorite game makers go under. Piracy is a really bad thing for the gaming industry.:preachin:

You should be able to copy your own games to the drive though! Just think how convenient it would be! Not only that, you would have less a chance of scratching the hell out of a game after a couple of years. Even if you had to reload it every other month.

But then yes, people would be able to rent-and-dump.....

can't win.

Originally posted by nitroking
when i go to the details for th x2.2 lite it says i got to buy a programmer for it where do i find that?

you can buy a usb adapter or a printer port adapter for it but I'm not sure where, my x2.2 Pro came with one

Here are great links for all of you that are wanting more info about modding/hacking your X-Box as well as places to get them:

http://www.xbox-scene.com

http://www.cdrom-guide.com/forums/

Between the two of them we'll learn more then you wanted to know about the mods/hacks, how to do them, and what you can do with them.

mcvickj - Zoomer is correct the newer mods have switches that allow you to shut them off reverting back to the factory setttings so XBL won't see it at all. A lot of the newer mod chips don't even need to be soldered on.

-Michael

Thanks for the info. Maybe I will consider taking another look into it. I just like the feature where I would be able to copy my curent titles to the hard drive so I wouldn't have deal with the CD swapping. Of course there is always going to be someone that will abuse features such as that. That is their decision....

DOes anyone know if this breaks the Digital Millennium copyright act of 1998 (DMCA)???

LINK

I know some people that got burned real hard hacking satellite, they settled with the company, but it was based on the DMCA

sLY

thank for the info i'm there:whhooo:

so if i would buy a chip and a bigger hdd...i could take all the games that i bought and copy them to the hdd so i dont need the cd?

The Matrix skin they have there is pretty kickass!

Too bad its on backorder!

maybe after this tower order i will save money for a hdd and a mod. chip...

Yeah, Dude, If my grandma does get it I'm gonna go STRAIGHT to blockbuster and rent like 14 games :thumbsup:

You all hafta admit that these mod chips are heaven..