Xbox 360 is DEAD!!!!!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nitro RC Basher

Gone - bye bye.
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Well i was playing Call of Duty 4 a everything got really fast. Cd, Fan, Everything. then all of a sudden it freezes, goes black, and then starts to smoke. i unpluged it and ran to my kitchen to get the fire extinguisher. as i returned i was horrofied. there was fire.....i mean real fire coming out of the top and back of the xbox. not alot but enough to char my wall. its like an electrical fire on a car. the xbox wasn't bursting with flames.I'm going to call xb to see what they have to say about it. ill get some pics when i get my new camera Wednesday

You are lucky it didn't cause more damage.

I will be interested to hear what Microsoft has to say about it. I am sure they are going to want to get their hands on the unit so see what happened.

If you need to buy another one, I might sell mine for a good deal. I haven't decided if I want to sell it, but I know if someone wanted to buy it and had the money, it would be in the mail tomorrow.

Ouch, that sucks. Have you modded your 360?

Yeah, tell Microsoft. Let's see their reaction.

I'm going to call them on monday. ill probably end up sending it to them. ill tell you what they they say and do

If you call them they will send a UPS guy your way. Only fair that you shouldn't have to pay for shipping.

I believe X box is shallow and pedantic. wii is thii way to go.

wish mine had done that, id like to have a piece of microsoft for myself. i bet Bill wouldnt want to share but i just want a small piece.

Last edited:
they WILL buy me a new one and a gallon of paint

if it wasn't modded they would probly give you an xbox and much more for it. that xbox holds info that microsoft might not have ran into yet and if thats the case they WILL want that xbox

Your XBox may have tried to develop it's own sense of reality, only to realize that is was soon going to be obsolete, so it committed suicide.

was just wondering if you had the infamous red ring of death before it went up in flames. i had this problems with my first xbox. its problem is that it gets to hot for itself by the lack of cooling and melts the solder and joins the together literally frying itself. myself i am good with a solder gun and electronics so i decided to crack it open and see what happened for myself. and thats what happend. it needed an updraded fan and power supply. i put one in from my old computer and the extra fan too. also bought a nyco triple fan from game stop and i can leave it on for days without ever getting hot. and no more red ring of death for me. if anyone is curious about this or just wants to understand more about xbox 360 internals. ill gladly post some pics of my handy work =]

I was playing mine the other day, and it started to sound like a cd burnner. I'm like wtf, then all a sudden my game froze and my screen said disk error. WTF is this! I take my disk out and its just scratched to chit! Mind you I took the game out of the new, and droped it in the xbox. I'm pretty pissed to. Microsoft is starting to sound like a ruccus to me. I'm thinking about geting a ps3 soon. I really need to call microsoft and see what they tell me to. I'm interisted in what they have to say to you so keep us informed.

Bryson

I've heard so much about the overheating and modding of these that I'm sure there might be a worldwide recall by Microsoft eventually.

What is this friggin moddin. I dont get it? Why can't people just live with the way it is?

Bryson

Well that's kinda like saying why don't we just leave our RC's the way they are? Why would anyone spend good money to buy parts for an RC and take it apart when it was working fine in the first place??

Once again what is it. A wirless controller is one thing, but messing with electronics inside so you can kill that one extra guy online in halo is frigin lame and I can't stand people that do it. Play a game enough and youll get good. Frigin cheaters lol.

Bryson