XB8 til I die...well at least til next season...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Plaidfish

RCTalk VIP
Supporter
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
last nite I started tearing down my Xray and found some interesting things as far as wear and tear.....I started to do a full tear down cause I might get a sunday at Boggy Creek this weekend.....anyway....the center diff wasn't feeling too good so I tore into that...first thing I saw was this plastic shreddings all around the Spur gear where it bolts to the Diff Cup....after tearing everything down so I could take the diff out of the mounts I see a channel just worn into the mount from a screw that came loose and was just grindinga path into the mount...got almost all the way through too......mount was still together though......now that screw let ALL the oil drip out as well and chattered the spur gear into the diff cup and destroyed it.....even w/ all this last weekend I still managed to have a decent main run.....now I'm pretty sure this screw has been eating away at this mount for 2 weeks cause I haven't really checked the car real good in that long and I was getting sparks from my gear mesh as well......just ran it figuring it was gears and when they crapped out I'd just replace em....the diff was BONE DRY...and the gears show no wear on them......all I can say is hudy steel is DA poop.....although I did break an A-Arm and bend my front shock shafts.....this thing is still a tank in my book......just had to give a shout out for the XB8

Hey man I got a hook up for you. 10% off pretty good prices for xray parts. www.tiltyard.com You get 10% off for signing up and I think you get it for a month.

those are pretty good prices....I get a sort of hook up price at my LHS though....I'll save that link in case I need it sometime though...thanks....and I already have all the parts to fix my stuff....I have almost a complete spare buggy in parts now.....I was just too busy/Lazy to do it before last nite....lol....

LOL...haven't I bought enough of your stuff....
no after the abuse I've given this thing this whole month I'm pretty damned immpressed w/ it.....I left the track jumping the big triple and stuffed it into a wooden post and nothing happened....then I went the other direction off the triple and stuffed it in the lane pipe end and it was still running but I snapped an A-arm.....and then to run it dry for at least 1.5 weeks and no wear on the gear....SOLD....I'm a beleiver in buying top shelf Buggies.....I seriously ran almost 2 gallons w/ that screw grinding the mount out.....i have to get some pics of it...looks like a channel cut into the thing.....

Back