X-maxx/xrt conversion?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tundraguy777

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I just picked up 2 x-maxx for me and my fiance about a month ago and just saw the new xrt that came out. I was noticing how close they are to the xmaxx. Has anyone tried converting there xmaxx to a xrt? I know they have the widemaxx kit but would be nice to have the lcg.

Welcome in @tundraguy777 , honestly I highly doubt you will find anybody in here that has done the conversion.
The XRT is new and probably not to many parts available other than what parts will work with it from the Xmaxx.
I have a Xmaxx myself and I also want the XRT but I'll wait until there is parts available and I'll built it myself.
The Xmaxx is too good of a rig to tear down and build something else out of it. My opinion mind you. :)

I actually watched a youtube video on this and the list of parts is quite large... They ended up saying that it would be more cost effective to sell off your Xmaxx and buy the XRT

Welcome in @tundraguy777 , honestly I highly doubt you will find anybody in here that has done the conversion.
The XRT is new and probably not to many parts available other than what parts will work with it from the Xmaxx.
I have a Xmaxx myself and I also want the XRT but I'll wait until there is parts available and I'll built it myself.
The Xmaxx is too good of a rig to tear down and build something else out of it. My opinion mind you. :)
Yeah I agree. I honestly just want the xrt for the dunes lol I love the xmaxx on the dunes too but I think the xrt will hand it a lot better.
I actually watched a youtube video on this and the list of parts is quite large... They ended up saying that it would be more cost effective to sell off your Xmaxx and buy the XRT
Ya I figured it wouldn't be cheap I'll just have to find a excuse to make myself buy the xrt too lol

I want one also but I refuse to sell something just to fund another.
I like to call it, dwindling the kid's inheritance. :D

I have seen some videos..what do you guys think about the xrt? You think it will be as strong as the xmaxx as in being a decent basher? Or just a good sand car?

I have seen some videos..what do you guys think about the xrt? You think it will be as strong as the xmaxx as in being a decent basher? Or just a good sand car?
I'm sure sometime soon Kevin Talbot will do a video of launching this thing at the skate park and compare it to the Xmaxx

I agree dont make the X-Maxx into something its not its already an amazing truck. Just save up and get the xrt or so like i did and get the xrt on payments just make sure itll fit into hour budget lol

I have both XMAXX and XRT and find the durability is equal on both trucks. I love them both...the XRT is a bit faster and has greater stability at high speed but in my opinion the battery compartments are poorly designed compared to the XMAXX ...the hinges are to tight against the battery wires causing them to be pinched in order to properly lock the batteries in place...