X maxx esc won't turn on

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Blndreaper

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Put my truck away after a mild run a few days ago and got it back out with fresh batteries. Now when I push the power button on the esc the fans and lights come on, but instantly turn back off as soon as my finger releases the button.

I've done a lot of research on these escs failing, but I can't seem to find info about this particular problem.. Anyone have a idea?

Also, probably unrelated, but in the last run it randomly acted like I stripped a spur gear( motor would seem to spin, but not the wheels) turned it off and back on and it was like it never happened. Never seen anything act like that before..

Check and make sure no wires look damaged and that everything is plugged in firmly. try a second set of batteries if you havent already. If it still acts that way then you may want to call Traxxas tech support, especially if its under warranty but even if its not they may be familiar with the issue.

Check and make sure no wires look damaged and that everything is plugged in firmly. try a second set of batteries if you havent already. If it still acts that way then you may want to call Traxxas tech support, especially if its under warranty but even if its not they may be familiar with the issue.
Ended up calling them, they said to send them the esc and it would be covered under their "lifetime electronic warranty" and be replaced at a reduced cost.. that was like 140 bucks, so that's definitely not happening.. I'll just back burner it and get a hobbywing eventually 🤦

How is it a warranty replacement if you have to pay money for it?! hahahahahaha

Just out of curiosity though, Instead of paying $220 for a Hobbywing Max5, Why not just pony up the extra $30 and buy the Castle XLX2?

That's what I would do as well. It's rated for up to 40lbs. And with tons of settings

Back