Wristwatch collecting

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Iowa crawler

Hardcore RCTalk User
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Racing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
  4. Flying
Is anybody into wrist watches? I have always enjoyed my watches. I need to use the second hand often and don’t really care what time it is. But need to be on schedule for my work. S ok I could just use my phone but I just like have on a watch.
I have a modest collection of watches. Nothing fancy.

I am also a Conosur of fine older wrist watch's my favorite is my(vulcain) cricket.I've acquired quit a few pocket watches in my estate sale trips.

Last edited:
I have never seen a Cricket in person. Is that the under water alarm watch?

I've always like wrist watches, but I have an issue with wearing them or any jewelry. I just feel constricted with them on.

I get that, I have been wearing a watch so long I feel like I forgot something without it.

its a water resistant. its a 1938 watch I would not trust in while diving free or scuba.I have several Timex expeditions that also have alarm. yes I've also have and still do wear wrist watch have for almost 60 years.you feel off when its missing

I've worn a watch since my early teens because when the folks said to be home by a certain time, you had best be sure to not be late!

Not really i to anything fancy since I tend to be rough on them. My favorites have run anywhere from Timex to Seiko. I currently am wearing an Invicta.

I've worn a watch since my early teens because when the folks said to be home by a certain time, you had best be sure to not be late!

Not really i to anything fancy since I tend to be rough on them. My favorites have run anywhere from Timex to Seiko. I currently am wearing an Invicta.
Being a bmx kid from the '80s, I'm kinda surprised you didn't mention Swatch.

The Seiko 5 was a late discovery for me. They came out in 1963 and had all the elements of the most expensive Swiss watches of the time. And they survived the Quarts tsunami.
Got my first Seiko 5 when I turned 50 and I really have been impressed.
They keep perfect time and are very rugged. And for the price they are great value.

I don’t really like quarts watches. But the Swatch brand saved the Swiss watch industry and also sold more watches than all the other watchmakers in history combined.

Swatch was a bit gimmicky for me, like I said, I am rough on my watches, and didn't think thay would hold up to my abuse.

can't wear watches. I have broken EVERY single watch I have ever worn.
I broke a G-Force while on my wrist.
😕
Perhaps, Flava Flav could offer you some advise
BOOOOYYYY!!!!!
Screenshot_20230421_205437.jpg

I have a modest collection of watches. Not all are especially valuable but they all are cool IMO in some way. I also have a few antique pocket watches, mostly railroad grade, which I think are cool.
I'd love to see pics and descriptions of the collections if anyone want to post em up.

I just got my dream watch. Hardened titanium case and bracket with micro adjust band. 200 meters water resistance. In-house regulated Miyota movement and a box sapphire crystal. It’s was made in my home town of Baltimore by the Baltimore Watch Company.
And it’s one numbered 43/50.
I am totally in love

IMG_4141.jpeg

IMG_4139.jpeg

IMG_3546.jpeg

Back