Wrenching or Driving?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Which do you enjoy more?

• Driving

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Wrenching

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm up for both. I spend a fair amount of time on both. Lately I've been on a building kick. Just built a Combat Wings XE2 that I finally flew. Also rebuilt an old Sky Scooter to fly around. And am shopping out an electric heli to build so wrenching is my gig for now, but am getting the jones to set the wrenches down and just go thrash.

Wrenching for me.
I do from 5-10 repairs a week for the local H-Town. Doesn't mater how large or small the job is, I can usually get it in and out in one evening. I get 2-3 done in an evening. Its great, get paid to work on RCs. Its amazing that so many people just want to run the darn things and have no clue how to repair them. I get stuff that ranges from replacing a pivot ball to full rebuilds. It gives me a chance to work on all sorts of rigs, not just the ones I own.

My minimum charge is $10.00 for a clean RC and I add an additional 10.00 plus a can of nitro spray if I need to clean it. I refuse to work on a dirty unit. It amazes me again on how many people will pay 10 clams to have me spry their rig down. I get paid with HT gift cards. I have a stack of them 3 inches tall. Some day Ill add them up and buy the store.

Its a great gig and is truly relaxing.

I like wrenching for the peace it gives. For me it's a great way to wind down from a stressful day at work, or just something to take my mind out of the daily loop.

Overall I think I spend at least 4-5 hours wrenching for one hour of driving.

Eddy, you and I are doign the same thing...I'm wrenching and helping the counter atSERC for store credit too.....great way to try all the stuff before you buy....the only problem is I wrenched myself out of wanting a Revo now and can't figure out what to get now.....

Tough call, but I have to say wrenching. It's pretty much my only outlet for stress (although, it can cause it too) but I do like sitting at my work bench working on one of my rigs.

haha, I try not to wrench when I am stressed, because it usually leads to a new stage called "replacing" ;)

I would have to say driving for myself,It seem's that everytime i wrench on something it's needing replaced,because i usually broke it while wrenching. I break less things driving than i do wrenching.

I like driving a little bit more because I get too frustrated too easily wrenching because I never seem to have everything I need or something doesn't fit right or I find out something new that is broken.

There's 2 kinds of wrenching. Wrenching because you had a great time and over did it a bit and wrenching because you got hacked. I prefer the first kind of wrenching but enjoy driving as well. It's a 50/50 decision. All depends on the circumstances.

FastEddy said:
I get paid with HT gift cards. I have a stack of them 3 inches tall. Some day Ill add them up and buy the store.

I can just imagine the look on the store owners face, when Eddy shows up 20 years later with a suitcase full of gift cards and says, I want it all!

Shop owner.......You want the whole store?:eek:

Eddy: Yep, I got the coupons baby :contract:

Store owner: Falls on the floor

Eddy: :mex:

Definately prefer driving. Hyper 7 front end is in a million pieces in my basement and havent driven it all summer yet due to me having to do some wrench work.

SMaxxin said:
I can just imagine the look on the store owners face, when Eddy shows up 20 years later with a suitcase full of gift cards and says, I want it all!

Shop owner.......You want the whole store?:eek:

Eddy: Yep, I got the coupons baby :contract:

Store owner: Falls on the floor

Eddy: :mex:

HAHAHAHAHAHA :clap: :clap: . oh goodness, thats funny!

I'm leaning more to wrenching since a) I like working on crap and b) it's something you can do no matter how hot or cold it is out side.

I'd rather be driving.
Building is cool, fixing can be a pain in the ass, but I have more fun driving.

Back