Wrenching or Driving?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Which do you enjoy more?

• Driving

Votes: 16 39.0%
  • Wrenching

Votes: 25 61.0%

• Total voters
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PiErow

Hardcore RCTalk User
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
So which do you guys enjoy doing more?
Fixing/moding the cars or driving them around, rather it be bashing or racing?

I actually like building them better than driving them.

I personally like wrenching on them, I've always been mechanically inclined and just love building or fixing things.

my vote goes to wrenching. driving them is all fun and good, but getting a new part in the mail or from the LHS, taking off the old garbage and rebuilding what needs fixed is just so gratifying. even if stuff isnt broken... just staring at my R/C and wondering what i can do to make it perform better is good enough for me. you want to modify your vehicle so that when you do go tool it around the yard... or track, that its going to be at its very best, and rock solid! puts a smile on my face...

i agree with mallanaga. i like to take mine apart after every run and clean it up, and check the seals and everything to make sure it looks good on the shelf and will perform well outside. Today I stripped the black off my header and polished it to a mirror shine, and tomorrow I'm doing the flywheel. i just like my stuff to be custom and my own

I prefer driving. I seem to find a way to smash into something that breaks half the truck, then I'm wrenching!

i personally say both,beacause after you spend hour after hour of fixing it then you want to go out and drive it and show it off. then probblay show off alittle to much and crash it again, the that circle starts all over again.
i know that how i am.

lol i know some people have a moto if it isn't broken then you arn't doing something right. I would rather drive my car then to touch it wth a tool. I like to build the kit when it is brand new but other then that I hate taking about my rc cars I really belive ... if it isn't broken leave it alone. also anyone who wants to build a kit and then give it to me .... feel free :)

I'm more into wrenching on my rigs. I've done a couple unnessessary tear down check ups just to do some work. But I also like runnning them outside until I start getting all those annoying questions, then I go back inside and tear it down.

If I had to pick, I would pick driving but they are both very close. I love it when pieces fit perfectly, and I enjoy fixing and modding things to see how they work, and how I can get a little more performance out of it.

I prefer wrenching hands down, and do it much more than driving. I get cars off of my friends (one in particular) that run them into the ground.

To me, it's really gratifying to see something I've spent alot of time on come alive when I pull the starter cord. Also neat to see the guy I got it from a week ago making offers to get it back.

I can't pick one over the other. It's 50/50 for me.

I prefer the New Jersey motto. If it ain't broke, fix it till it is.

I have a Hyper 7. So nothing is every really broke. But I find myself looking at it and adjusting the shocks, changing the positions of things, Just to see what it looks like. So wrenching is my fav.

Had to go with wrenching, and modding. Once it's fixed and modded the test drive is nice but then I want to work on it again LOL

Wrenching has always been fun for me... But I have to say, racing the kit you just built is definately a rush...

Even thought I've only raced once I love it. I like trying to figure out which adjustments to make... but then I suppose that sort of involves wrenching then doesn't it... well... I guess I lied. heh

If i wanted a plug and play i would have bought a nikko

+1 for wrenching