Wrenchin.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found another 2 spd. gear set in my stash ,I don't want to take it out of my second car ,as all it needs ,is
the engine back in ,which I will do later ,let the fun begin!.....bleh

really making me want an on-road now lol! looking forward to progress!

I just jumped into Bakersfield an supported my LHS an bought some fuel ,I just got 20% ,it was cheaper!...:cool:

I hope my stuff runs off of it!

I just jumped into Bakersfield an supported my LHS an bought some fuel ,I just got 20% ,it was cheaper!...:cool:

I hope my stuff runs off of it!

same stuff i use! the .21 and axial .28 loves it lol!

Have it in my mgt 4.6, so far I'm loving it. Good power and easy to tune.

I have 2 of them ,1 in my Mantis an the one in my green Mgt.!

The one in my Mantis runs it pretty good ,lots of power ,also ,those engines share the same o-way starter
bearing as the Hpi 5.9 engines ,probably all Hpi K style engine!

I have 2 of them ,1 in my Mantis an the one in my green Mgt.!

The one in my Mantis runs it pretty good ,lots of power ,also ,those engines share the same o-way starter
bearing as the Hpi 5.9 engines ,probably all Hpi K style engine!
If I remember right it is the nitro star k4.6 just different porting/timing. Axial (at least used to be) a branch of HPI.
What ones do you have again? Mine is the .28 spec 2S.

If I remember right it is the nitro star k4.6 just different porting/timing. Axial (at least used to be) a branch of HPI.
What ones do you have again? Mine is the .28 spec 2S.

I don't know what spec it is ,I have the gray head & the green head if that makes a difference ,I would have to
go out in the shed to get the paper work on it ,I have the manual on both engines ,but I had lost my key to
the shed ,that's why I haven't been working on my Mgt.!

I do know that the pull start also fits the Hpi 5.9 engine as well ,I had robbed the o-way out of the Axial an
used it in my 5.9 engine ,the little pin that catches the crank shaft tends to snap off ,that is the weak spot
on them!

I don't know what spec it is ,I have the gray head & the green head if that makes a difference ,I would have to
go out in the shed to get the paper work on it ,I have the manual on both engines ,but I had lost my key to
the shed ,that's why I haven't been working on my Mgt.!

I do know that the pull start also fits the Hpi 5.9 engine as well ,I had robbed the o-way out of the Axial an
used it in my 5.9 engine ,the little pin that catches the crank shaft tends to snap off ,that is the weak spot
on them!
I know mine says spec 2s on the head itself, I dont know if they all did that or what they did for the .28 spec 1ss, .28 spec 1RR or spec 2 RR lol

I know mine says spec 2s on the head itself, I dont know if they all did that or what they did for the .28 spec 1ss, .28 spec 1RR or spec 2 RR lol

The one on My Mantis ,maybe one of the RR's ,but I don't know what that means ,there is nothing on my heads but Axial ,
The pamphlet may say what they are when I get in the shed ,it is a dead bolt door lock on there!

Mean while ,got delayed from working on my car ,my grandson came an wanted to play the X-box ,but I also had to deal
with a couple of stripped screw heads on the diff housing ,had to cross cut those ,now I am taking the rest of the screws off!

The one on My Mantis ,maybe one of the RR's ,but I don't know what that means ,there is nothing on my heads but Axial ,
The pamphlet may say what they are when I get in the shed ,it is a dead bolt door lock on there!

Mean while ,got delayed from working on my car ,my grandson came an wanted to play the X-box ,but I also had to deal
with a couple of stripped screw heads on the diff housing ,had to cross cut those ,now I am taking the rest of the screws off!
I have no idea what they changed between the models, hope you can get in to it soon! I'm learning that drilling a 1/8 inch screw then tapping a t6 or t7 bit into the hole seems to work well for stripped screws.
Glad you are making progress

I had been getting side tracked a lot ,lol.....doesn't help when I stay on the PC!

I pretty much slot all my screws ,I don't like Allen!...:arghh:

Oh ,

I dont mind Allen's, but, if I could swap all my screws out to torx you bet I'll be swapping every screw I can to them.

Got it out.

The gear changed.

An back in.

Now ready to close the diff. an screw shock tower back down ,then next with...{?}...:cool:

i will be watching that, going to see if i can free up some funds!!!!

i will be watching that, going to see if i can free up some funds!!!!

I think it has been there for a while ,2 weeks that I know of.
Those have been discontinued for quite a few years now ,but there is parts out there for it ,I think there is
private stores with stock ,an I think that another company might be still producing parts ,last year ,there was several
2 spd. assemblies that popped up on ebay for 24.00 buck ,I should have bought one to keep on hand ,but failed to
purchase it ,they may still be out there!
The car is very durable ,so parts seem to last ,other than a wreck!

If by chance you do snatch it ,I do have some spare arms & hubs ,a bunch ,if you need!...:cool:

I think it has been there for a while ,2 weeks that I know of.
Those have been discontinued for quite a few years now ,but there is parts out there for it ,I think there is
private stores with stock ,an I think that another company might be still producing parts ,last year ,there was several
2 spd. assemblies that popped up on ebay for 24.00 buck ,I should have bought one to keep on hand ,but failed to
purchase it ,they may still be out there!
The car is very durable ,so parts seem to last ,other than a wreck!

If by chance you do snatch it ,I do have some spare arms & hubs ,a bunch ,if you need!...:cool:
Awesome! I been wanting an on road for awhile, and knowing the quality Ofna puts out there!so far I'm not too worried about a 2 speed but wouldn't say no if I found one at the right price, would be good to have on hand.
If I do will definitely let you know! Will probably have questions about it anyways Haha