Wrenchin.

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK,first time I cracked this diff open ,now I know why theres no control.
It only has two sun gears with out heavy oil.
Normally there is a heavy fluid for track conditions ,an some people use a four sun gear
configuration ,in which will determine the weight of oil!

This car has massive power with a big block 21 ,it should have way thicker diff oil!

SANY0007_1.jpg

Yup ,broken clutch spring!...:D

SANY0006_2.jpg
photo share

Got the spring on ,now ready to throw the engine in ,maybe get test run in a bit!
I also adjusted 2 spd to shift a little early ,in hope it will tame the devil!..:D

SANY0007_3.jpg

SANY0008_2.jpg

Last edited:
Well ,I test ran it today after the rear diff freshened up ,it was a little bit controllable.
Tearing into the front right now ,its getting putty! Still need to tweak on camber & toe though ,
steering is off a little.
Didn't get no vid ,but will try to get someone to shoot one tomorrow!

Hopefully theputty isn't too much on the rest of the parts... Take the testing easy at first! Have fun!

Hopefully theputty isn't too much on the rest of the parts... Take the testing easy at first! Have fun!

The front is basically a posi trac with a little give in which is a common thing that racers do to their
on road cars ,some prefer a spool! It helps in setting the car up to go into the corner an coming
out ,the down fall,I think henders take off speed out of the corners.

My goal is to calm the take offs down to keep the car from going into the brodi or the rear from
breaking traction.

Makes good sense... Def would like to know how it goes!

What car is that. I have been looking at on road stuff since I ran on that lot last week.

What car is that. I have been looking at on road stuff since I ran on that lot last week.

I have Ofna Ld3's which are discontinued ,every now & then one will pop up on E-bay.
Parts are scarce.
The diffs are all metal gears unlike the team associated an others ,that's why I'm able
to run big block power!

I just did a test run after fixing clutch ,it runs pretty good!
Try an coerce my wife to shoot a vid!..

SANY0013.jpg
picture uploader

Last edited:
My engine loosen up a stripped one of the spurs ,Theres still got some meat on the
teeth ,I maybe able to salvage the gear with file!...I think I got xtra gears though ,its just the
idea of pulling the stuff back apart!.......BLEH..:doh::doh::doh:

I'm tired of the car ,its time to move on to another rc ,AHHHH
I think I will mess with the monster truck ,it needs an ask kicking!

I do want to change the bell on it ,the one that's on there now is 2 teeth too big ,an it
tamed my wheelies off ,I miss my wheelies!...:D

It was Def going straight! P.I.A. that it's gotta come apart again but hey, that's what stupid power will do sometimes!:D

Yea I pulled it off the shelf an looked at it ,I need to do some repairs ,I think with a little file ,I can salvage the
second gear ,put a shim behind the second gear on the bell to scruff up what little teeth is left an re-adjust
the engine ,it looks like I lost screws to ,so I will replace those ,along with some wheel adjustments!