Wouldn't it be nice to get more life out of old piston/sleeve sets?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nitropower

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
Hello, my name is Eric Miller and I have a sleeve compressing machine, and would like to offer my services to those who wish to have new life squeezed into thier engine. I have done this to my old OS RG engine and it runs like brand new again! If interested, contact me at [email protected] and I will answer your questions and give you more information. The 15 dollar charge will get the piston/sleeve restored and mailed back to you. The process does not take long and I will ship the parts back to you same day or the next!
The process involves compressing the sleeve in equal amounts all the way around the sleeve, the amount that it takes is so little that the process maybe repeated numerous times until the the piston/sleeve are showing indications of excessive wear. The chrome plate on the sleeve is typically much thicker in comparision to the amount of wear that actually occurs, thus making this process very reliable, and repeatable! I guarantee my work, so if I can't do the work right, I'll send you back your check or money order, and your parts, however, in the unlikely event of the piston/sleeve getting damaged during this process, I will not replace the parts, as they are already worn out and it would cost me too much to replace them. I will however, refund your money, and send the parts back to you. It is very unlikely that the process would not be sucessful, and for only $15.00, your engine will run like new again and last as though it is new all over again. If you place an order with me, I will give you my phone number for your security and concerns. Just send me an e-mail that indicates you would like your piston/sleeve set restored and I will e-mail you my phone number to finalize your order.

That sounds like a sweet deal.

How many have you done so far? how are the results compared to a new sleeve?

I have read on another forum that a machinist was making the tool or machine to sell so that people could resize there own sleeves, are you that person?

To be honest, I've only used the machine on my own piston/sleeve, but the results are unreal! The piston/sleeve has 6 gallons through it and it run like brand new again, and I took out the new piston sleeve set that I had just put in it and I almost would say I think it runs better than it did with the new one it. After I ran a couple tanks of fuel (which isn't much I grant) it has awesome compression, I can hardly turn the flywheel over with the glow plug in it. I haven't decided what I am going to do as far as selling the machines, I think for now I would like to keep it proprietary.

Last edited:
Wouldn't it be nice to get less spam from people like you? HELL YES! I get enough spam in my email I don't need your's here on my forum. So knock it off.

-WoodiE

Originally posted by WoodiE
Wouldn't it be nice to get less spam from people like you? HELL YES! I get enough spam in my email I don't need your's here on my forum. So knock it off.

-WoodiE
I mean this in the nicest way mr newbie
ownedboy.jpg
X

OUCH! That was kinda brutal! Got a GREAT suggestion for you NITROPOWER:

Talk to the ownership/admins of a forum or site first...offer to service an engine in exchange for a review and some publicity on the site. The spam is indeed a bit rude.

Hmmmm...I've got an M-16 that I'm getting ready to ship to Canada for a buddy that needs a new piston and sleeve (rebuild). Care to work your magic on the M-16 for free in exchange for a review?

I think the fact that he just posted it without having any of the admins involved made a difference. We more than likely would have posted it for him as well as given him a news review.

Sounds like a great deal and maybe you should patten the machine. Can you e-mail me your address?
[email protected]
Thnx, and is their a limit on how many we can send?

............................:bandit:

Flattop, I am that man. I am a Tool & Die Maker...Not a Machinist. My Tooling is desighned for the semiskilled/advanced RC hobbiest to resize/recondition piston sleeve fit in his RC community. I'ed be the first to say the tooling is afordable for personal use. Some people do not realize the countless hours , day and night, that go into research/developement/testing of this calliber venture. One must first understand 2 cycle desighn/function. A great deal of inspection with documentations was done befor geometric tollerancing could be incorporated to tooling. Bottom line here is that I don't think the consumer will accept " your piston & sleeve was junk to begine with" should their conrod snap, bearing blow up, or simply not maintane propor compression very long. My profile is open to the public, and our web page is allmost ready for multiple hostings and world wide viewing. WOODIE, Thought this wood be more informative than SPAM related.

Can you bore out the sleve and make a bigger piston?

Excuse me ...My tooling is "Not" offordable for personal use.

Originally posted by Maxxcrazy88
what'd he do???

Originally posted by Çh®i§tiªñ
I think the fact that he just posted it without having any of the admins involved made a difference. We more than likely would have posted it for him as well as given him a news review.

No - that fact that he posted the same thread in 3 other forums is that problem. I'm completely cool with anyone wanting to start a business in RC, I'll even be more then happy to help as much as possible. But not at the expense of the site.

One post is just fine, Spam is not - he knows what he did.

-WoodiE

I'ed be the first to say the tooling is afordable for personal use.

He edited it to say is NOT afordable

You know if you stick your piston and sleve in the oven at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes it has the same affect.

.................:bandit:

Originally posted by Car God
You know if you stick your piston and sleve in the oven at 500 degrees for about 15 minutes it has the same affect.

.................:bandit:
I can't wait to see the replies from the boys with the sleve compressing tools.

Also about bouring out the sleve NO WAY. These sleeves are plated you would just bore out the plating. X

I know i just wanted to see what they'ld say. But you know the oven does work.

..................:bandit:

Meyhem, I missed a word when typing. Then made the correction. I would not purchase my tooling for doing a few resizings. my costomers will provide service to their own RC community. And you other cool cats better leave your little sisters EasyBack oven alone.

Back