Would like advice on choice of vehicle

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cyclop3000

RCTalk Racer
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
At the recommendation from Rolex, I am reposting this in the proper forum...

Hi all. I'm new here, and slightly experienced in nitro. I currently have a Savage which I love for bashing, but now i'm looking into buying another vehicle for speed and potentially racing (nothing serious, just fun).

I am currently looking into 1/8 buggies or stadium trucks. Only off-road, no on-road vehicles. So in your opinion, what are the advantages and disadvantages of 1/8 buggies vs. stadium trucks?

If I get a buggy, will I only be able to play on a track (since it's lower?), and on the other hand, are buggies faster than stadium trucks in general (read "stock" or with little mods)? Just trying to make an informed choice.

Any advice or comments would be appreciated :)

If your looking for speed, durability and the option to bash a bit off the track, I would suggest a Truggy. The 1/10th stadium trucks just dont cut it for me.. Too fragile.. The 1/8th scale Truggies are easier to race on a track, and have a bit more durability than a buggy. With the right motor, they can be very fast too... I woukld personally recommend one of the higher end kits to start with.. Go big.. lol

Mugen MBX5T
Losi 8ightT
XRay XT8
AE RC8T
Kyosho Inferno ST-RR

Here's a nice selection from a great online shop..
http://www.carolinasrc.com/Webstore/Scripts/prodList.asp?idCategory=468

ill be honest with you my choice for stadium trucks is the trax nitro rustler, this thing is insanly fast and can take a beating.. def. gonna need a wheelie bar for it, its a torque monster, i am completley satisfied with my rustler and it its tougher then i expected, but for 1/8th, i bought a revo 3.3

Truggies eh, they look fine :D Somehow I've been out of the hobby for about 4-5 years, and truggies seem to be new to me. I don't remember seeing those when I last spent time reading and researching R/C. They sure do look like they could take more of a beating than buggies, which is good for me because there aren't much tracks where I live.

Actually I have yet to see one where I can enjoy my Savage and other 1/8 vehicles...most restrict their tracks to 1/10 electric, or are on-road in a basement somewhere. I hate winter here :angry:

Is the Revo a truggy? Or more a hybrid between a truggy and a monster truck? Just wondering, cause they look bigger on the pics than the truggies.

Last edited:
yeah the revo platinum (race setup ) has a lower ride height so it looks like a truggy. but the normal 3.3 looks and rides like a Monster truck

Back