Would any of these parts be worth anything?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavidB1126

Team Bomb Pop
Supporter
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
  4. Scale Builder
Here is what I got:

2 Traxxas xl5 brushed ESCs. (1 is still working. The other one is probably fried)

3 Traxxas Titan 12t 550 brushed motors (I think all of them are still working. 2 of them or all of them probably needs to be cleaned)

Dynamite/Horizon losi mini B brushed motor and esc/receiver combo

Traxxas EZ-Peak Single charger

Duratrax Lockup MT 2.8 wheels/tires

I know the tires are worth something. I got them 28 for a pair so about 56 dollars. The tread is still great. Only ran them outside 2 times. I am getting rid of the tires since I wanted to do a monster slash project. Ran into some issues. Once I put these tires on the rustler. stripped a spur gear within 20 seconds. The traxxas charger is 6 years old but still works good. The losi brushed system still works. I'm just about the traxxas brushed ESCs and motors. My uncle said that they might be worth like a few bucks since technology is advancing everyday. And most people are using brushless now. (I converted all of my cars over to brushless)
The only thing why I would keep the MT tires is for a car stand, shock stand, or if I get a monster truck that can handle those tires.
With those MT tires, I used a 14t pinion and stock 86t spur. I used once with the brushed system and motor very very hot. I used the MT tires on the rustler with the HW brushless system. Motor and esc was fine. Stripped a spur and toasted a gear box and input shaft. I adjusted my slipper too.

Last edited:
The tires are probably worth a few buck. And maybe the Dynamite motor. The rest I'd file in the vertical receptacle under your bench.

I might be able to use the brushed system and make a car out of spare parts. which I have and don't have.

I was kind of asking for sale value. Thinking about selling the traxxas brushed systems but not sure if they are worth anything.

I think I might keep them for a little longer. I got a spare slash 2wd and spare rustler 2wd. might be able to create another car out of spare parts i got.

I think I might keep them for a little longer. I got a spare slash 2wd and spare rustler 2wd. might be able to create another car out of spare parts i got.
Thst sounds like a good plan. I have a Slash 2wd chassis I got from Kimmie that I'd like to build into a basher. I'm short a ton of parts for it though, so just hoping I come across some spares by way of slow accumulation lol

Always good having a 'curb crasher' in hand for friends and relatives that drop by and "Hey, an RC. Can I drive it?" :eek:
I like that idea. If I do make another car I will use these stock brushed systems and the stock radio. mostly stock parts. when the neighbors kids are out I might let them drive it. On training mode.
I was out one day with the rustler. this is when I upgraded to brushless. And there like can i drive can i try? and I'm like no. I don't want you driving a 40mph machine and breaking it.

Yeah, and set up a RC driver education course on the driveway. Forward-Reverse-Stop and a few cones or dots to navigate. Then comes the 10-question written test on RC basics and finally issuance of a RC operator license. Then and only then turn 'em loose in front of the house.

Of course, that'll never happen. Only in my dreams. ;) 'AC'

[Edit. And yes, I do certify myself. So it's not like I'd be asking them to do anything I don't do. :ofnabuggy: ]

20230120_093141_resize RCT.jpg

Last edited:
I was kind of asking for sale value. Thinking about selling the traxxas brushed systems but not sure if they are worth anything.
The most you might get is $20, if they are in good condition. Brushed setups really dont go for much used, no matter who they are made by. I have seen them go for as much as $35, but that is only if they are pretty much new.

Back on topic. Used tires and wheels (mounted as a set) generally will sell at ~$4.00 USD each, $16 for a set + shipping and handling. About $20 USD is best I've ever gotten from a set-even like new. That's for 2.2in tires. MT's might bring a bit more. At least listing on Ebay as I do.

Did get $10 Ebay from a TRX Titan 12-turn 550 brushed one time. But had to mail it to a US protectorate in the Pacific. By the time I paid postage it cost me to sell it.

I keep a box for online sales and watch the prices. If they go up in value it gets listed. If not, it's kept it in the box for another day. Good luck. 'AC'

It depends, I've seen people sell stock motor and ESC combos for $35ish. I've also seen someone post in a group that they fried their motor or ESC and are between paychecks so someone donates a stock set. I still have my stock motor for the sport but gave the ESC to a local dude that fried his.

I have a habit of saving stuff for "future projects" that I'm trying to break. Especially when it comes to stuff I could order from Jenny's, or order an upgrade for less than $75.

Yeah, and set up a RC driver education course on the driveway. Forward-Reverse-Stop and a few cones or dots to navigate. Then comes the 10-question written test on RC basics and finally issuance of a RC operator license. Then and only then turn 'em loose in front of the house.

Of course, that'll never happen. Only in my dreams. ;) 'AC'

[Edit. And yes, I do certify myself. So it's not like I'd be asking them to do anything I don't do. :ofnabuggy: ]

View attachment 158710
Hilarious

Alright. This weekend I am going to rebuild the rustler. Slash steering and the mini b. I will see what I got for spare parts to make another car. i am thinking about using the spare rustler chassis I have. All that I will probably need would be front body mounts, wheels/tires, transmission and driveshafts. And front bumper or rear wheelie bar if I want it. I will use the stock servo out of the main rustier. I will also use the stock traxxas tq radio and xl5 system. Or I might even use the spare slash chassis I have with the same parts since they are interchangeable. I got a 3 day weekend anyways since Monday is another PD day for teachers.
If this car out of spare parts works out I will be happy. I'll be more happy to give it to the neighbors or my cousin. All I got for batteries are lipos so ill use them. Or I might get 1 nimh battery. not sure.

Alright. This weekend I am going to rebuild the rustler. Slash steering and the mini b. I will see what I got for spare parts to make another car. i am thinking about using the spare rustler chassis I have. All that I will probably need would be front body mounts, wheels/tires, transmission and driveshafts. And front bumper or rear wheelie bar if I want it. I will use the stock servo out of the main rustier. I will also use the stock traxxas tq radio and xl5 system. Or I might even use the spare slash chassis I have with the same parts since they are interchangeable. I got a 3 day weekend anyways since Monday is another PD day for teachers.
If this car out of spare parts works out I will be happy. I'll be more happy to give it to the neighbors or my cousin. All I got for batteries are lipos so ill use them. Or I might get 1 nimh battery. not sure.
Solid move man.

I’ve been cruising Craigslist and offer up looking for a cheap car that I can turn into a street basher. Wish I had more parts to work with…

Well the spare car or curb basher really didn't work out. I just don't have enough spare parts and it might turn in to a whole different money pit?

But anyways, I got some other stuff in the sell box. I had just sold the Rustler TQ radio and Receiver for 40 bucks. Thats 40 bucks for either track fees, or extra parts, or some money saved up in a new radio or pit hauler.

In april, I sold a pair of RPM Rear arms for the nitro rustler for 8 dollars. I have no idea how that ended up in my house since I don't even have a nitro rustler lol. Maybe the guy at the hobby shop in Towson sold me the wrong arms. Idk.

Before I boxed up the radio, I tested it just in case, you never know. I tested it with the rustler servo, esc and brushed motor. I tested all 3 titan motors I got, they didn't sound good so I'm just going to take them off market place and just keep them. Not sure what ill use them for.

For right now in my sell box I got:

1x Traxxas TQ rx/tx (from the slash, has a extra switch for channel 3, was used for on board audio)
Losi Mini B / T brushed esc, motor, receiver
Horizon Hobby ProBoat 4 channel receiver
Traxxas 2056 plastic gear servo with TRX4 metal servo horn
Hobbywing Motor heatsink and fan
2 external balance boards (Only works with Oynx 245 chargers)
Traxxas xl5 brushed esc (motor wire heatshrink chewed up, stock TRX ID connector)
x3 Traxxas titan 12t brushed motors (didnt sound to good when testing them)
Various stock rustler 2wd and slash 2wd parts (arms, bulkhead, hubs, steering assembly, ect)

I was thinking about selling my Dynamite starter tool kit since I didn't use it anymore. But I decided, I am keeping it due to the small flathead and phillips head drivers. I had been using them around the house for random things and its useful. :)

I also have a spare slash 2wd lcg chassis and a rustler 2wd chassis (older version)

These are all used chassis and probably worth nothing but they can still be used.

Castle will take the xl5, fried or not, as a trade in and give you 50% off the new one. Not a bad deal.

Back