Worst lipo batteries?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogda89

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
Hi guys, I got at least 3, maybe 4 lectron pro batteries from used rc car deals I bought in the past, and from my experience they are the worst lipo batteries I used.

Today I scored an awesome deal on used erevo 2.0. it came with 2 5200 3s batteries. By the state of the car I would say 10 to 15 packs maximum. No damage or scratches on the batteries, stored at 4.0v, not perfect but not terrible either, perfectly balanced. They lasted maybe like 5 minutes until lvc. Still balanced, they were around 3.7 or 20% soc by my charger.

No punch, obviously ridiculous voltage sag, not advertised capacity, managed to charge roughly 2400mah (will have to check again). They run warm but not too hot or any puffing. I usually use liperior or original Traxxas, but I have used other like protek, reedy,g force from value hobby, venom. Lectron pro are definitely the biggest junk

Hi guys, I got at least 3, maybe 4 lectron pro batteries from used rc car deals I bought in the past, and from my experience they are the worst lipo batteries I used.

Today I scored an awesome deal on used erevo 2.0. it came with 2 5200 3s batteries. By the state of the car I would say 10 to 15 packs maximum. No damage or scratches on the batteries, stored at 4.0v, not perfect but not terrible either, perfectly balanced. They lasted maybe like 5 minutes until lvc. Still balanced, they were around 3.7 or 20% soc by my charger.

No punch, obviously ridiculous voltage sag, not advertised capacity, managed to charge roughly 2400mah (will have to check again). They run warm but not too hot or any puffing. I usually use liperior or original Traxxas, but I have used other like protek, reedy,g force from value hobby, venom. Lectron pro are definitely the biggest junk
@Greywolf74 is currently testing a Lectron Pro 2s and getting some really high IR values from a brand new battery. So it's funny you posted this, because we've been talking about it the last couple days.

The worst batteries are the ones that don't work. Too bad, I have been told "if you are buying used rc that come with batteries, Don't pay more for the batteries."

The worst batteries are the ones that don't work. Too bad, I have been told "if you are buying used rc that come with batteries, Don't pay more for the batteries."
Yes, I agree that it's not a good idea to buy used lipo but when it's included with used rc, than why not use it. I got 4 Traxxas batteries with used rc cars, and they perform as they should.

I had one more pack with lectron pro in erevo 2.0. this time performed slightly better, but still car was sluggish. I have udr with the same motor esc, and I know that it's a beast. First speed pass with lectron pro only 37mph top speed. After a minute or two I guess after they warmed up I was able to achieve 45mph. Lvc hit relatively fast, but I decided to run with degraded power almost until car stops. At the end batteries were at 3.5v or 6% soc on the charger. I was able to charge 4450 mah each.

So my conclusion is, voltage drop is ridiculous, especially in 8scale cars that when lvc hits battery is literally 3.7v while resting, giving roughly 2400 usable mah in high power application (not boats or Speedrun). They can be fine if you drive like 15 mph, or a crawler.

But I don't understand how this lectron pro batteries exist, and they are not cheap either, actually it's 73$ instead of Traxxas 70$ (obviously overpriced but they perform as they should and you can exchange them for half a price). And obviously people are buying them, and probably hobby shops recommend them. I got 2 with used erevo, 1 with used rustler and 1 with used spartan.

From my experience best bang for the buck are liperior. I have 2s 3s and 4s packs. I even have 5000 mah 20c and they work 5x better than this junk, but they are non standard size so they don't fit in all vehicles. I use 2s 4000mah75c most often. When I run them until lvc hits in both arrma and Traxxas cars, they get over 3900 mah of charge, and very reasonably priced

I had 2 or 3 3s 5200mah lectron pros. They were replaced by a graphene SMC. I couldnt tell much difference, but switched to smc as the Lectron Pro was $110, and all the shop had.

Yes, I agree that it's not a good idea to buy used lipo but when it's included with used rc, than why not use it. I got 4 Traxxas batteries with used rc cars, and they perform as they should.

I had one more pack with lectron pro in erevo 2.0. this time performed slightly better, but still car was sluggish. I have udr with the same motor esc, and I know that it's a beast. First speed pass with lectron pro only 37mph top speed. After a minute or two I guess after they warmed up I was able to achieve 45mph. Lvc hit relatively fast, but I decided to run with degraded power almost until car stops. At the end batteries were at 3.5v or 6% soc on the charger. I was able to charge 4450 mah each.

So my conclusion is, voltage drop is ridiculous, especially in 8scale cars that when lvc hits battery is literally 3.7v while resting, giving roughly 2400 usable mah in high power application (not boats or Speedrun). They can be fine if you drive like 15 mph, or a crawler.

But I don't understand how this lectron pro batteries exist, and they are not cheap either, actually it's 73$ instead of Traxxas 70$ (obviously overpriced but they perform as they should and you can exchange them for half a price). And obviously people are buying them, and probably hobby shops recommend them. I got 2 with used erevo, 1 with used rustler and 1 with used spartan.

From my experience best bang for the buck are liperior. I have 2s 3s and 4s packs. I even have 5000 mah 20c and they work 5x better than this junk, but they are non standard size so they don't fit in all vehicles. I use 2s 4000mah75c most often. When I run them until lvc hits in both arrma and Traxxas cars, they get over 3900 mah of charge, and very reasonably priced
Out of all of the LiPos I've tested, Letron Pro has the highest IRs out of the box and the yellow Liperior and the black Liperior Pro are still two of the best batteries I've tested. That being said the new Liperior Endurance hard packs are looking like junk so far. I'm not done with testing on the Endurance packs but what I'm seeing so far isnt good.

I'm trying to see if Common Sense RC will warranty replace the LiPo because of the high IRs. I've read online that they have horrible customer service so we'll see. I'm betting that during high amperage discharge the Lectron Pro will puff due to the high IRs. We shall see.