worn out one-way bearing?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blurman18

RCTalk Member
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
(THANKS FOR READING I REALLY APPRECIATE IT)

when i go to spin start my LST Super Truck the starter spins, but it's like it's spinning nothing. There is no pulse of a piston inside the engine nor any other sound heard, just the sound of the starter and sometimes with a spark of luck the engine will turn over for a couple seconds but then back to nothing. When it used to work I tried to start it, I could hear a piston pulse inside.

can having a worn out one-way bearing effect the performance of my nitro engine?

I would think a bad One way bearing would cause this problem . If the bearing is not grabing the way it should it is not going to turn the engine over.Just my opinion

Sounds about right Ballen. Try some DA and let it soak for a while. Remove any oils from the starter shaft and reassemble. This should help but I would look at a new OWB soon. I will also typically replace the starter shaft every 2 OWB. A worn shaft allows extra oils into the OWB making it slip sooner than normal

I find the I have to pull my one way bearing every couple of days and clean it, more often if i'm driving in dusty conditions.

Back