Wltoys 144001 only works for a few seconds after turning on

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

zloe

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hey guys, hoping you can help me out here. I bought it fairly recently. I brought out my car in the snow (not a lot of it) and it didn't want to drive! Only spun for a bit and then just stopped. Tested it as well at home and still didn't work. I thought that maybe after the snow maybe it got a little moist? What could be wrong?

As tnt said it could be a few different things. I would recommend charging the battery completely and test it, that should at least eliminate one possibility. if that doesn't work then could be the motor or esc. check that the motor isn't seized up, and that all the connections are secure. I would just go through each electrical component until you find the one thats not working

Another one is possibly the receiver? If the receiver is in the receiver box it should be alright. unless if the car has the esc and receiver 2 in one thing then that is a different story. I agree with the others. The battery, esc, motor are others.

A little update: I left the battery to charge overnight and the charger still shows the red light (not charged). I'll check with a multimeter later but for now thats how its going. :)

like i figured,never leave any type of battery to charge unattended. very dangerous

like i figured,never leave any type of battery to charge unattended. very dangerous
Yep I don't leave my lipos unattended ever. I always sit by them and keep an eye on them until they are fully charged. When I mean sit by them I can be wrenching while they are charging or they can be charging and I am doing work or scrolling through my phone. I also use lipo fire proof charging pouches too.
I even do it at the track too. If needed I can step away from the charger just for something short. I can always be longer since my charger has a loud alarm and a ton of safety on/off features.

Back