Wltoys 12428 steering issues

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

Do you like wltoys rc?

• I love them

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Kill it with fire

• Meh..

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Yiggityyamz

RCTalk Rookie
Reaction score
Hey guys! Just bought my little guy this wltoys 12428 as his first rc and while it's super fun and most parts seem to be durable(looked to be a good basher)...we managed to strip out a screw within the first 10 minutes of play.

Luckily (and I have no idea how) I found the black screw in the grass and put it back in but it slowly worked back out. I'm thinking I'll probably just jbweld it into the knuckle on the wheel and start looking for a metal upgrade.
I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue? Should I be concerned about the other screws on the steering components doing the same thing and prepare now? Lol bought some lipo packs and metal gears for this thing but it wont do any good if it's too strong for the steering components

Attachments

• 20190419_225408.jpg
    20190419_225408.jpg
    327 KB · Views: 82
Hey guys! Just bought my little guy this wltoys 12428 as his first rc and while it's super fun and most parts seem to be durable(looked to be a good basher)...we managed to strip out a screw within the first 10 minutes of play.

Luckily (and I have no idea how) I found the black screw in the grass and put it back in but it slowly worked back out. I'm thinking I'll probably just jbweld it into the knuckle on the wheel and start looking for a metal upgrade.
I was wondering if anyone else has come across this issue? Should I be concerned about the other screws on the steering components doing the same thing and prepare now? Lol bought some lipo packs and metal gears for this thing but it wont do any good if it's too strong for the steering components View attachment 118663
i know on most of mine, i typically thread a lock nut and use a longer screw, as far as that model i have no idea, but all my steering components that is possible i have the lock nut on. good insurance just in case!

i know on most of mine, i typically thread a lock nut and use a longer screw, as far as that model i have no idea, but all my steering components that is possible i have the lock nut on. good insurance just in case!
Thanks! Idk why I didn't think of that. I'll probably do that for all the open ended steering component screws.

Back