Will more auxiliary units plugged into the receiver make my car slower?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

aiden2838

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am thinking about adding lights and a heat sync and fan to my rc car but I am wondering if I plug these into my auxiliary ports on the reciever, if the car will go slower. I am thinking No because it’s still the same voltage being outputted by the reciever, but I just want to make sure. Thanks.

No. but you will probably draw more amps than the esc bec can supply id add a ubec . then loose center wire on rx from esc so you have no smoke..could slow your car down if using nixx batteries if a lipo is used no.

No. but you will probably draw more amps than the esc bec can supply id add a ubec . then loose center wire on rx from esc so you have no smoke..could slow your car down if using nixx batteries if a lipo is used no.
I have a 120A esc so I don’t think that would be an issue

The 120A you mention has absolutely nothing to do with your BEC's current rating (probably in the 1-5A range)... Which ESC?

I added a fan and lights to my 6S Typhon with no problems (your mileage may vary) but an external BEC is usually recommended.

As others mentioned, you'll be limited by your ESC's maximum BEC current, which is not the same as the 120A rating on the box and usually under 5A. As long as everything connected to the ESC through its BEC plug (including receiver and servo) adds up to less current than the maximum BEC rating, you should be okay.

It most likely won't slow the speed of the car but it could definitely effect servo speed and torque. Causing "brown outs". Check your esc specs and go from there.

Back