Will a Traxxas T-Maxx body fit on a HPI Savage 21?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Starfox2005

RCTalk Talkaholic
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Flying
  3. Boating
Wondering if this would work on a HPI Savage 21? Or is it not the same size? Thanks guys!

On HPI's website...
Screenshot_20220902-132458_Chrome.jpg

But it depends. Do you have a T-Maxx 3.3? It has a 13.2" wheelbase. The T-Maxx has a 12" wheelbase.

@Greywolf74 would you happen to know?
My best guess would be yes if its an original TMAXX body. I base that on the fact that the Proline bodies I looked up that are compatible with the TMAXX also say they are compatible with HPI Savage (original). The 3.3 TMAXX has a longer wheelbase than the older TMAXX and I would bet that the Savage .21 has a shorter wheelbase like the original TMAXX. I can only guess though as I've never owned a Savage .21

Capture.JPG

My best guess would be yes if its an original TMAXX body. I base that on the fact that the Proline bodies I looked up that are compatible with the TMAXX also say they are compatible with HPI Savage (original). The 3.3 TMAXX has a longer wheelbase than the older TMAXX and I would bet that the Savage .21 has a shorter wheelbase like the original TMAXX.

View attachment 151727
So a T-Maxx classic body shell should fit? I'm wondering because I'm getting a savage 21 and it will need a bodyshell. Good to know!

So a T-Maxx classic body shell should fit? I'm wondering because I'm getting a savage 21 and it will need a bodyshell. Good to know!
I'm just taking an educated guess at it but from what I see on the proline bodies and what WF posted above Id say that theres a good possibility that it would fit.

Check your wheelbase on the Savage, and check the wheelbase on the body you want. If they jive... you should be good to go. But there always may issues with body post alignment, other things in the way of the features of the body, etc.