Wife is having surgery today

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abadk9420

Broke Down Driver
In Memoriam
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Sitting here in the pre op room with my wife waiting for to got into surgery to have her gal bladder removed, keep her in your thoughts, she's pretty freaked out about the whole thing.:whhooo:

Good luck to her Curtis, I had mine out, and it sucks for 2-3 days after just cause it feels like muhamad ali was boxing on your gut for 8 hours straight, but other than that, the drugs are ggoooooodddd lol

Good luck to you and her. I'm sure everything will turn out fine but will say a litle prayer for yall just the same.

Well she's in the operating room, just sitting here waiting now.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

Best of luck to her man.

Best of luck to you and your wife. You are in our thoughts and prayers today. Please let us know how she is doing once in postop and resting.

Thanks everyone!!! My wife's out of surgery, the Dr. said everything went well, no complications, they are going to keep her over night for observation but she should recover just fine. hospital kinda irritated me though, made me wait for 2 hours after she came out of surgery before i got to see her...

Glad things went well, Hope she feels better soon!!

Glad to hear things went well!
My wife had to get hers out about 5 years ago...She didnt have stones it was just over functioning..And btw not sure if the doc's told you all or not but its suggested that she needs to stay away from "heavy" fried foods, general high fat content foods (even things you normally wouldnt realize were high in fat like avocados and peanut butter), high fat dairy (whole milk, yogurt, cheese, mayonaise) for a week or two or else her bile duct might overcompensate and dump alot of bile into her stomach and create a horrible stomach ache...Her body needs to adjust for not having the bladder any more.

And just out of curiosity...was it done laparoscopically?

Best Wishes

FrostY

Last edited:
Tell her :Hunny, thousands and thousands have this opperation done and none of them have ever gotten hurt, your gonna be perfectly fine !!! :

Glad to hear all went well, I hope her recovery is quick and easy.

abadk9420 - Glad to hear your wife's surgery went well. Was they able to remove her gallbladder microscopically?

Pretty freaky... My wife is going in tomorrow morning for the exact same thing, microscopic. If all goes well she'll be there for a few hours tomorrow then home by the afternoon.

I'm glad to hear everything went ok. Its scary when there's something wrong with your loved one.

Yes they made 3 smaller insizzions and 1 just a little bigger just below her chest where they pull they gal bladder through and out. She's pretty sore from the surgery.

Sent from my HUAWEI-M835 using Tapatalk

Thats how mine was done Curtis,right under belly button, right side (your left) ab area & dead center right below my breast bone. Simple enough but it sucks after for a few days, but all is well and glad to hear it my man!

Get well soon to her :D

Back