Why type of plane is this

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The last time I was at the National Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian, the X-1 and the X-15 were in the same place. There was a DC-3 hanging where they have now displayed this amazing piece of technology:

The last time I was at the National Air and Space Museum at the Smithsonian, the X-1 and the X-15 were in the same place. There was a DC-3 hanging where they have now displayed this amazing piece of technology:
Must be the original stealth technology demonstrator...

I went there back in 08 or 09. It was amazing. I would like to see it again.
I went to the airforce museum in Dayton last July. It was amazing. And to complete the pair and see Bockscar. Also the valkyrie is on display now.

I wonder why they took the spirit and spaceship one down though. I wonder if they're moving them or actually did all that for April 1.

I wonder why they took the spirit and spaceship one down though.
I've been there several times. They tend to rotate certain displays since they don't have the room to have everything out at once and that way you always get to see something you didn't see last time. There's an enormous storage facility for some of it, and other planes rotate to other museums or are returned to their actual homes. The Wright Brothers original "Flyer" is one of them.
If only I'd known sooner that Wonder Woman's invisible jet was being displayed for only one day, I would have made a special trip just to get some pictures of it.

I was told it was made from the same thread used in my fine clothing. They use that and a carbon fiber as a blend for the whole fuselage. Wonder woman... Like most women, she always made me wonder!

:wideyed: So long as it's a view from back then and not of one from now, I'm SOOOOO in! I bet someone, somewhere has those pics!!! :wideyed::jawdrop:

:wideyed: So long as it's a view from back then and not of one from now, I'm SOOOOO in! I bet someone, somewhere has those pics!!! :wideyed::jawdrop:
I don't know, the current one looks great in a bikini:
1d000514cdbf597fbeca31cd4e646bc6.jpg

Lol! I was actually reffering to a pic of original 'Linda' from back in the day and not a pic of her in those fine treads from say, 65 year old Linda. :hehe:
Frankly, I had no idea there was even a new Wonder Woman!
I give you full credit tho!!! That is one VERY suitable looking replacement! I do believe there MAY be a little difficulty with the new W.W. 'filling' the original outfit tho... Going by memory and not fully taking into account 'Hollywood magic' either... Both of them were/are STUNNINGLY beautiful.

WOW!!! I don't know who that 'new' Wonder Woman is, but she's got the kind of body that would make a Bishop kick out a stained glass window.