Why does my tmaxx 3.3 not do wheelies

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iamnotsmart

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I had a dynamite .19 on it and I got it from someone never had one with a tmaxx 3.3 and recently bought a 3.3 and put it on it and feels like it doesn’t have much power or really run that nice or do wheelies doesn’t the tmaxx 3.3 do wheelies I can tune it anyway it won’t do wheelies I had it doing wheelies but after break in will not do wheelies at all any suggestions?

Tires are worm or damaged from sun or maybe even wet and not providing traction. Put the spacers on all rear shocks. Tighten slipper clutch down. Of ots a 3.3, try the os 11k carb.

Tires are worm or damaged from sun or maybe even wet and not providing traction. Put the spacers on all rear shocks. Tighten slipper clutch down. Of ots a 3.3, try the os 11k carb.
I have brand new tires might just try new suspension springs do you know any good ones?
Probably will try the stock ones I have some diff ones on that suck

With a 3.3 it should pull wheelies. Even if it's not running perfectly. Don't shoot me. I have no idea of your experience and just trying to help.

You said you have new tires. Are they glued?

You're sure nothing is binding in the drive train?

What clutch are you using? Is it new or one that came with it? Did you spill nitro on it while maybe priming the carb?

I'm leaning towards a clutch issue. New clutch bells need to be cleaned of any oil that may be on them. Old ones should be cleaned and scuffed up with a ScotchBrite pad or fine steel wool. They glaze over.

Clutch pads wear out over time and need to be replaced. What kind of pads are you using? If it's the two piece with a spring around it, they suck. Work fine in 1/10 vehicles. In the larger trucks look into one of these. Assemble it correctly, it will hook up.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...xMYxUFdmAcAkw7NXlAXktCjvOzKgKFKwaArCmEALw_wcB

With a 3.3 it should pull wheelies. Even if it's not running perfectly. Don't shoot me. I have no idea of your experience and just trying to help.

You said you have new tires. Are they glued?

You're sure nothing is binding in the drive train?

What clutch are you using? Is it new or one that came with it? Did you spill nitro on it while maybe priming the carb?

I'm leaning towards a clutch issue. New clutch bells need to be cleaned of any oil that may be on them. Old ones should be cleaned and scuffed up with a ScotchBrite pad or fine steel wool. They glaze over.

Clutch pads wear out over time and need to be replaced. What kind of pads are you using? If it's the two piece with a spring around it, they suck. Work fine in 1/10 vehicles. In the larger trucks look into one of these. Assemble it correctly, it will hook up.

https://www.amainhobbies.com/hot-ra...xMYxUFdmAcAkw7NXlAXktCjvOzKgKFKwaArCmEALw_wcB
I will look into that I just bought a os 11k carb to see if that helps me at all

A 3.3 tmaxx will wheelie all day long. Assuming it’s not other issues as pointed out above. A Mach 2 will jerk the bearings out in comparison to a stock 3.3 setup. So, somethings wrong.

If the slipper is adjusted correctly and the clutch is good, it’s motor issue. Tuning. How’s it running? High idle? Won’t idle long? Top end set? Does it hang at high idle once wot is released?

Low power on the bottom end is very likely to be a tuning problem. But. It won’t be hard to know if that’s the problem. Richer it 1.5 hours and check the punch out f the hole. If it improves power, resetting idle will be needed. Good luck.