Who Says Monday's Suck???

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Racer 1966

What are we doing today?
Supporter
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I got to work this morning and started my usual routine. A little after 8 my boss comes in and immediately calls me outside. He says he has something for me as we walk over to his truck.
He opens the door and hands me this and says enjoy!

RS4MT1.JPG

Woohoo! Well it ain't nitro but you can't beat a free rig! It has the goofy second "body" under the truck body. I'm not sure what motor is in it but it a Novak Rooster ESC and came with a JR XR2 tx/rx. I charged a pack and put in it only to find there is a wiring problem with the esc. If I jiggled the wires just right everything worked but would not stay functioning properly. I'm going to take it a part and desolder the wires,trim them down a bit and re-solder them in place. If that doesn't work I'll be replacing the esc. Simple enough huh?

RS4MT2.JPG

RS4MT3.JPG

Dood!!! An original HPI RS4 MT!!! How cool is that!!! Personally I would restore that bad boy and shelve it.

Naw!!! Gotta run it!!!

Congrats, I love getting new to me stuff that I can tear apart and play with. BTW that dual belt in the middle looks scary to me for some reason glad you have the inner body to keep the rocks out.

That is too cool. I seem to miss out on those sort of deals it seems. Ah well. That sucker does look pretty cool. However, finding replacement parts may be a task.

Dood!!! An original HPI RS4 MT!!! How cool is that!!! Personally I would restore that bad boy and shelve it.

Seriously, shelve it. :hehe:

Mondays still suck.

Nothing beats a free rc! I love the RS4 mt's, I had one back in the day and it was a killer rig IMO.

Looks like you could replace that belt with an old, 350 Chevy alternator belt if it breaks.:) Your boss is a cool cat.

Back