Who is the manufacture of this RC?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trob79

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out the chassis maker all I know is that it is really quick and has a o.s. engine the for any help.

15601350394621851600875.jpg
15601350688571914370736.jpg
1560135091367217304971.jpg

that is definitely an aftermarket chassis, so off the chassis itself, i dont really know. it really looks like an ofna LD3 though, @cbaker65 owns one and may be able to compare better as he owns one, but it looks like eihter an aftermarket chassis, or someone was trying to lighten it up as much as possible and dremeled up the chassis, and removed everything that wasn't necessary, i.e. radio box, battery box etc.

The arrangement of what can be made out looks like an associated tc3, but with an aftermarket chassis and the way wrong header/pipe.

506951d1254890043-two-team-associated-nitro-tc3-touring-cars-extras-pb070242.jpg

I'm guessing both were intended to be used with a side exhaust engine, which would fit better with the arrangement. Which is odd as rear exhaust engines tend to be higher performance/rpm, which is what you'd want for onroad.

So my header is wrong I'm dry but brand new to all this

The arrangement of what can be made out looks like an associated tc3, but with an aftermarket chassis and the way wrong header/pipe.

506951d1254890043-two-team-associated-nitro-tc3-touring-cars-extras-pb070242.jpg

I'm guessing both were intended to be used with a side exhaust engine, which would fit better with the arrangement. Which is odd as rear exhaust engines tend to be higher performance/rpm, which is what you'd want for onroad.
Didnt even think about the tc3 for some reason, but that definitely looks more like the tc3 over the LD3, Good call

Someone modified that for speed ,they were trying to squeeze all the speed out!...LOL

Its definitely an after market chassy ,it is too detailed ,a manufacture ,like AE. may not put out a chassy
like that on a RTR ,it would be too weak on a hard hit!

The Cvec pipe is a hop-pipe ,it has stepped chambers in it for the engines power response!!

I am not sure what it is ,it is possible a Asso. Ntc3 ,need more detail pics with the filter off ,an of
the a-arms an shock tower!

CVEC pipes actually use a moveable exhaust cone. You can lock the cone in different positions and tune for where in the RPM range you want to engine to come on the pipe. I ran one on my RS4 touring car. It worked great as you could tune for any size track easily. Or alternatively, for really tight stuff, you could soften the hit and make it easier to put the power to the ground. Very interesting concept at the time, not sure if they're still around.

CVEC pipes actually use a moveable exhaust cone. You can lock the cone in different positions and tune for where in the RPM range you want to engine to come on the pipe. I ran one on my RS4 touring car. It worked great as you could tune for any size track easily. Or alternatively, for really tight stuff, you could soften the hit and make it easier to put the power to the ground. Very interesting concept at the time, not sure if they're still around.

I remembered something like that ,with that pipe ,but wasn't sure!

That is a AE. NTC3 ,the front shock tower gives it away ,it matches mine as well ,but is different from
my Ofna Ld3 ,so I know it is not a Ofna ,I think Ofna 's didn't use the color blue shaft ,they use natural!

The chassy could be Hardcore ,an could be rare an worth a lot of money!

Oh ,sense the car is what it is ,I strongly advise you to install a good throttle return spring ,an
don't rely on a fail safe in the receiver ,also ,try not to run it in the street near parked cars & curbs ,
try to run it in a large open parking lot!....:thumbs-up:

So my header is wrong I'm dry but brand new to all this
I wasn't saying it as a disparaging remark towards you, just letting you know as it could add to the problems of getting it working properly down the line. The CVEC pipes were good pipes for those that spent the money on them, but they aren't allowed for racing as they have moving parts inside. Again, fine for a basher, but it clearly wasn't made for that chassis layout. Kind of looks like it was a revo pipe just by how it's made to go out the back of a chassis vs the side.

These cars are already fast with out high performance upgrades ,the person who had that ,an built it like
with that pipe set up was odviously looking for more speed an was experimenting!

With that being said ,the pipe on Olds car is the type that should be on it ,an is the original style
like these!

My custom NTc3

An my Ofna in which has the same design!

These cars are already fast with out high performance upgrades ,the person who had that ,an built it like
with that pipe set up was odviously looking for more speed an was experimenting!

With that being said ,the pipe on Olds car is the type that should be on it ,an is the original style
like these!

My custom NTc3

An my Ofna in which has the same design!

Well thats interesting cause this thing is seriously fast and I got three of the exact same chassis I actually bought a bunch of stuff a few years back I have brand new engines and all kinds of other stuff I don't need it all so if anyone's interested let me know and I can show or explain to you what I got

Well, it kind of has to be that long as the pipe on it is longer than the "stock" one. Can't really move the pipe forward much, so the manifold is longer to work. Just really noticeable compared to the other one.

Looks like RD Logics has one for the ntc3:
http://rdlogics.3dcartstores.com/Pa...ar-Exhaust-Turbo-Pipe-Set-For-Ntc3_p_684.html

And THS:
https://thsracing.com/shop?olsPage=products/nitro-tc3-rear-exhaust-tuned-pipe-set

There are probably others. I just looked for those two because I have/had both brands of pipes. I run the THS BB revo pipe (with a modified header to work with the leaner mount) and the high torque revo 3.3/2.5 pipe. Pretty sure I have an old RD Logics pipe or two in the drawer for 1/8th.

Last edited:
Back