Who has better parts?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigmaxx

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
I'm wanting to get aluminum bulkheads an towers,and some better shocks. I hear alot of bad things an alot of good things about integy. I don't know what to believe has anyone had these ? Are they any good? If not who's the best?

Integy aluminum sucks....some of their stuff is ok but not their aluminum. IDK who makes good ones for a MAXX.....I'm not much of a Traxxas guy. I'm sure someone here will answer that though soon enough....lots of MAXX guys here.

Integy has decent fit and finish but their aluminum is way too soft. If I had a choice between Integy and stock plastic I would go plastic, it's cheaper and you wont feel dumd when it breaks. I speak from experience. My first bulkheads were Integy from the LHS. Bright and shiny and I couldn't resist. first run after install , hit a curb at mid throttle adn they were toast, they wer not even dusty yet. As far as good brands: Fast lane, Golden Horizon, ACNCM RC Raven, RPM. The prices vary brand. check ebay for good deals.

E.G. http://www.ebay.com/itm/T-E-Maxx-3-...Control_Parts_Accessories&hash=item3f0b1d3252

Last edited:
FLM if you want a bullet proof bulk setup for sure - Check out Rcdirectonline

ACNCM no longer is in business but you can find there parts on ebay...In fact there is a guy who stumbled into a HUGE box of there BB upgrade kits and is selling them super cheap on ebay.

Golden Horizons stuff is good aswell, just can't get anything raw/polioshed which sucks.

Hot Racing makes some good stuff but I'm not sure if you can still find there items. I have there Bulk/tower combo sitting in my parts bin.

Great Assembly is up there with FLM/UE stuff in my opinion but it seems they are starting to fall off and don't stock as much T-Maxx stuff as they used too.

Integy...More like Crapegy - They make cheap stuff with premium price tags, I have owned a few Integy parts and they bend and break very easy. The only thing that Integy makes that is good are NON-Structural parts. Things like upgraded linkages, fuel tank posts, battery boxs etc.

RCRaven makes good products but the quality control is kind of bad. I have owned quite a few of there parts (have a few in my parts bin) and you may have to do a little grinding to get stuff to fit perfect.

Last edited:
I heard traxxas's aluminum bulks are good quality, a bit spendy however.

Thank you all, I'm glade I made this post before I bought some from them

Probably some of the best you can buy, if you can still buy them. Buddy of mine bought those 10 years ago and they were perfectly built. Even used heli-coils for the screw threads so you don't get the galling effect of anything else that is aluminum threads/steel screws.

RC Solutions had some nice ones as well with a little plate that would hold the backside of the hinge pins to keep them from bending. Smart design.

Integy's stink. Busted a set or two of those myself. Snapped the tower ears right off a set once, with stock towers!