Whitman Marauder Hovercraft Electric Conversion

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can't believe I missed this post.

That is sweet! Like ya said, it seems sacrilegious to convert it to brushless.
Since you are sealing up the lifting EDF, seems like it would just take 1? I know this one is a lot smaller, but they are using an engine 1/2 the size for the lift. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/axon-razorback.htm

Good luck with the build. That is gonna be a lot of fun.

You make a good point Kenneth, I could use just one EDF unit for lift. The lift cavity measures 160mm x 120mm and I could run a single 90mm unit. I'm going to research to figure out if two smaller units with equivalent thrust of a larger unit will be lighter.

Started the dis-assembly for the new motor today. I can already imagine it with the EDF unit.

448881553_LxF7S-L-0.jpg

And yes the wife is PO'd that I have invaded our dining table for yet another RC project. I need to get the mancave done soon. :hehe:

Last edited:
Wow, That thing is pretty sweet. I have never seen somebody run a hovercraft!

And yes the wife is PO'd that I have invaded our dining table for yet another RC project. I need to get the mancave done soon. :hehe:
That is one of the advantages of being a "goofy hillbilly." My 'ol lady has seen so much stuff on the dining room table it doesn't phase her anymore. I once rebuilt a carburetor out of one of our vehicles on the living room coffee table. Yeah she bitched. Mostly about the gasoline smell.

The way she cooks I'm better off having anything but food on the dining room table. :hehe:

Don't know if it helps, but Hobby Lobby has a few ducted fans too. http://www.hobby-lobby.com/ductfan.htm
Looking foward to the build Bro.

Rumor has it that this hover(Cris)craft project may come back to life.:drool:

This is one project that I expect to finish this year. :D

Damn!!! This is just too cool of a project! Keep us posted!

Ok I missed this.....wow....that is cool!!

Lets see it run!

Need anything to finish it.

TalonOne

Back