Which truggy should I get?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjl5590

RC Newbie
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Heya,
I'm looking to buy a truggy roller to make electric. So far, the only ones I've looked at and am able to buy are:

Hong Nor/Jammin/Ofta X1 CRT - £90

and

Hot Bodies Lightning Stadium 2 Pro - £100

I've already been told that RC-Monster has the parts to convert the HBLS to brushless, but i'm not sure about the CRT.

I plan on running the MMM 2200 combo on 6s in there - I don't race, only bash, and i'd like to try and achieve 70+mph with speed runs.

Has anyone had any experience with either of these two truggies?

Many thanks for any advice given!

i have a jammin and i love it very durable

You can't beat the Jammin' for durability. 70 mph is going to take a lot of power. 50 is stupid fast for any r/c and very hard to control.
The LSP2 has a better diff design and the drivetrain is a lot lighter. It will help you in your' speed quest.

I've got someone offering me a Mugen MBX5r for £150, and another person offering a Team Associated RC8 for £125. Are either of these any good durability-wise? The RC8 looks like its lighter and easier to convert to electric...

I've decided I don't want the Hong Nor or Hot Bodies, rather, I don't want a truggy but rather a buggy, because truggies are too heavy and I won't be able to reach 100mph.

If it's the very first version of the RC8, then stay away from it. The second version and the RC8b are MUCH MUCH better from a reliability standpoint.

If your goal is to hit 70+mph or 100+mph....why not get an onroad car that's built for speed?

I run a MMM 2650kv motor in my Truggy and it's FAST as hell. I actually want to step down to a 1900kv - 2200kv motor.

Mugen MBX5t. I have one and beat the hell outa it and it never breaks and the handeling is great!

Back