Which slots to use with Traxxas TQ3 transmitter and receiver

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NoobNitro

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi,
I have a Traxxas TQ receiver that I'm trying to connect to my car. The car has three plugs and the receiver has four slots so I'm not sure which ones to plug in
Any help with this would be much appreciated.
Also wondering how to set each of the 3 channels on the TQ3 remote. Thanks for any advice.
So far with the remote on and the plugs inserted as shown I have been able to get the wheels to turn but the servo for gas is not responding to the trigger.

Attachments

• Photo Jun 01, 3 04 08 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 01, 3 04 08 PM.jpg
    261 KB · Views: 455
  • Photo Jun 01, 3 04 19 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 01, 3 04 19 PM.jpg
    285.5 KB · Views: 109
Channel one is steering, channel 2 is esc. Be careful as some traxxas recievers have 2 steering ports.

Make sure your wires are in the correct order. Positive, negative, and signal

Your top wire has negative way right, as does your second. Your last is reversed. Traxxas recievers usually have a +,-, and s right above the ports for location. Some older untis had a slit next to one side of pins and the servos and esc had a cut out making it one way to plug in.

The reciever in the car has the slits I talk about.

Channel one is steering, channel 2 is esc. Be careful as some traxxas recievers have 2 steering ports.

Your top wire has negative way right, as does your second. Your last is reversed. Traxxas recievers usually have a +,-, and s right above the ports for location. Some older untis had a slit next to one side of pins and the servos and esc had a cut out making it one way to plug in.

Thanks Chubaka that worked.
Can you suggest what to do about fuel not being drawn into the engine? I've put it direct into the carb and it starts right up. I have pumped the fuel with my finger over the exhaust to try and draw it into the engine but it doesn't seem to want to draw it. I've attached a shot of how the fuel line is set up, any feedback would be appreciated. Also I notice there is a small port that looks like it would have some kind of line on it on the exhaust but I don't know if I need to have something attached to that port.
Also can someone please tell me how the knob on the carb works? I'm referring to the spin thing that's right where the fuel line goes in. There is a top part that spins and clicks and a lower part that also spins and clicks. Fine tuning of some kind?

BTW you were spot on about the steering ports. The receiver has two ports labeled #1 then #2 and #3 are the 3rd and 4th ports.

Attachments

• Photo Jun 01, 5 47 49 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 01, 5 47 49 PM.jpg
    264.1 KB · Views: 42
  • Photo Jun 01, 5 47 56 PM.jpg
    Photo Jun 01, 5 47 56 PM.jpg
    302.3 KB · Views: 73
Last edited:
Back