Which power supply brand is best for gaming computer?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Eliza beth

RC Newbie
Reaction score
I don't know much about the computer power supply. Please tell me the best power supply for a gaming computer. I want to buy a power supply online in the UK.

mostly depends on the build, if its a higher power system minimum id recommend is a 750-800watt power supply, if you know its a high power system might even go with a 1000w supply. look for at least silver certified, but better would be gold certified.

I would agree with the above.

I'm using a Seasonic myself.
I have an Antec I can't remember off the top of my head, 2 Thermaltake 500w, a 430w Thermaltake and my old pc that my dad now uses has a 850w Corsair psu that is over 10 years old now.

Also another good tip make sure the power supply is 80+ certified. Something optional to think about is modular, partial modular or non modular. I prefer modular power supplies because you don't have a rats nest of wires everywhere inside your case.

I know this is old thread but just thought Id put this out there. Antec, Corsair, and Seasonic are probably the 3 best PSU manufacturers on the market for personal computers. Antec has fallen off a bit in the number and type of products they produce but what they do produce is good. EVGA is pretty good but overpriced imo and Thermaltake used to make good stuff but theyve gotten really cheap over the last 5 or 6 years. They arent the worst PSUs you can buy but I would not recommend them. Personally I use Corsair and Seasonic almost exclusively these days.

Back