Where can I buy HSP/Redcat Racing/Himoto tire inner foam??!!

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nazUK

RCTalk Qualifier
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
Hi

I have a HSP Savagery which I know are the same as Redcat Racing and Himoto Racing etc.
Recently I bought 89104 tires for a 1/8 truck but one of the tires have the incorrect inner foam which is a much softer.

Is there some way where I can buy just the foam itself or do I have the buy another set just to get the correct foam?

I've added a picture so you can see the correct foam and what it should look like, the 62011 is the wrong foam and the 89104 is the correct one I need

Attachments

• Foam Difference.jpg
    Foam Difference.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 192
I'm not even gonna bother to tell you what I know the rest of the guys here are gonna tell you. But heres a hint, you have an HSP. Parts and accessories are usually only available through the manufacturers website via mail order. And hey, its foam, it dosent have to be a perfect fit. Just go into your local hobby shop and say you need tire foam for an 1/8th scale truck, (any of them, its all universal), DONT say your looking for HSP parts, I have a feeling that when you walk into a hobby shop and say your looking for exceed, redcat and HSP parts, they lose interest in trying to help you and will point you in the direction of buying a new rig (which would be smart of you) and I dont blame them for doing it either, it boosts their business and makes their job A LOT easier to find parts for you. Any 1/8th truck foam will work. But you might as well invest in a nice set of traxxas or pro line tires when you go anyway.

I'm not even gonna bother to tell you what I know the rest of the guys here are gonna tell you. But heres a hint, you have an HSP. Parts and accessories are usually only available through the manufacturers website via mail order. And hey, its foam, it dosent have to be a perfect fit. Just go into your local hobby shop and say you need tire foam for an 1/8th scale truck, (any of them, its all universal), DONT say your looking for HSP parts, I have a feeling that when you walk into a hobby shop and say your looking for exceed, redcat and HSP parts, they lose interest in trying to help you and will point you in the direction of buying a new rig (which would be smart of you) and I dont blame them for doing it either, it boosts their business and makes their job A LOT easier to find parts for you. Any 1/8th truck foam will work. But you might as well invest in a nice set of traxxas or pro line tires when you go anyway.

not much more can be added !!! LOL !:hehe:

OK if you don't want to bother than don't bother???!!!
Thank you for telling me the obvious I know inner foam is basically a universal fit, the question is finding it??!!
In terms of LHS I don't have one local to me so before I go down the route of going to one and being disappointed they don't have the right ones I thought I'd check the net and try my luck. What I know is you can't buy the foams on their own but they come with the tires through a retailer/seller you don't need to go necessarily direct to manufacturer (I'm talking about Redcat/HSP etc).
Your suggestion towards buying different tires, well... I'm happy with Redcat/HSP, I'm not a racer I just do this for fun and the stock tires are fine for what I do. Yea it's not "Branded Quality" RC, it's been broken, I've fixed it even made it better, upgraded it in some ways and by doing this it's taught me a lot about the internal/external workings of the RC and in my eye's it's the best way to learn and I've loved doing it hence why they call it "HOBBY". To put it in to prospective just cause I drive a ford don't slag me cause you have a ferrari, at the time I was not prepared to spend $600 on RC and I knew nothing about traxxas, hpi, losi etc etc I was a complete novice, now I have a bit more of a clue and your always learning I am thinking of upgrading to a Losi but when I'm ready not because LHS or anyone will suggest I should buy better. :\

Last edited:
Thanks for that Mn Monster and Greywolf will have a look

Back