When you try to run a 70A rated Deans connection on 4s with a 135A ESC...

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Edough13

RCTalk Addict
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Racing
  3. Crawling
Ya I know I should know better but I wanted to run one of my new 4s 120c CNHL packs in the Sketer. Haven't changed and soldered new connections on them yet but have Deans adapters to be able to use them. Well that didn't go so well let's just say 🤣 Surprisingly it held up through most of the pack and bash until I was running at full throttle checking out the speed with the new 16t pinion. All of a sudden rig shut off no response so thought maybe thermaled as I'd been running a good 15mins already but wheels wouldn't even move. Took the body off and sure enough the positive wire had melted through and came out the side of the Deans connection. Thankfully pack is just fine but definitely learned my lesson and won't be running a Deans connector unless it's on my crawler.
20220216_180937.jpg

Fortunate indeed, you are. Could have been a lot worse. You were definitely pulling some amps. Glad that's all you destroyed.

Yeah, with Dean's, I hold the line at 3s. 4s and above I go with an XT-90. 'AC'

Fortunate indeed, you are. Could have been a lot worse. You were definitely pulling some amps. Glad that's all you destroyed.

Yeah, with Dean's, I hold the line at 3s. 4s and above I go with an XT-90. 'AC'
I have melted a Deans on 3s, I'd say 2s max, lol.

Back