When I hit the throttle the servo goes left for no reason

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wheeliefast024

RC Newbie
Reaction score
When I hit the throttle the servo forces the wheels left then resets to middle when I release and it stops. I’m using the spectrum dx5c any suggestions would be amazing thank you!

when i hit the throttle my steering twiches speratically left and right. wandering why too

when i hit the throttle my steering twiches speratically left and right. wandering why too
does that radio have channel mixing? ran into that when i was learning my JR Racing XS3, when i got it, it mixed the 3rd channel with the throttle when i pressed the brakes.

does that radio have channel mixing? ran into that when i was learning my JR Racing XS3, when i got it, it mixed the 3rd channel with the throttle when i pressed the brakes.
no. i changed the esc the other day and it started doing that. I've got a new servo coming. as i find the stock servo is week. only 7kg

no. i changed the esc the other day and it started doing that. I've got a new servo coming. as i find the stock servo is week. only 7kg
oops had meant to quote Wheeliefast, it sounds like yours is interference, do you have the wires close to each other? no copper exposed? antenna (if it has one) out in the open?
is there a way to move the receiver further away from the esc? even just temporary to test? are the new wires wrapped around the motor wires at all? close to the can?

oops had meant to quote Wheeliefast, it sounds like yours is interference, do you have the wires close to each other? no copper exposed? antenna (if it has one) out in the open?
is there a way to move the receiver further away from the esc? even just temporary to test? are the new wires wrapped around the motor wires at all? close to the can?

Attachments

• 20190510_113826.jpg
    20190510_113826.jpg
    277.1 KB · Views: 175
the fan motor wire is the only thing near the can. it was set up the same way with my stock blx 100 syst

Just curious, it's not the Spektrum that comes with the new 2019 Arrma models is it by chance?

So I took the receiver out of the car to move it like you suggested and every little move it makes makes the servo go nuts. Whichever way I turn the receiver the wheels try and turn without ever touching the transmitter

So I took the receiver out of the car to move it like you suggested and every little move it makes makes the servo go nuts. Whichever way I turn the receiver the wheels try and turn without ever touching the transmitter

Usually ,that will happen if there is a short in a receiver or a fraid servo wire ,also ,if the servo is shorting out
due to moister or wetness inside!

Usually ,that will happen if there is a short in a receiver or a fraid servo wire ,also ,if the servo is shorting out
due to moister or wetness inside!
It’s all brand new so I don’t think there’s any water damage...the wires look fine but there could definitely be something wrong inside

When I hold the receiver in my hand and turn it right the wheels turn right, and when I turn it left the wheels turn left. When I move it back and forth they go nuts. I’m stumped

When I hold the receiver in my hand and turn it right the wheels turn right, and when I turn it left the wheels turn left. When I move it back and forth they go nuts. I’m stumped

If the servo goes right & left when you operate it ,then that is right ,but if it goes haywire ,then something must
be shorting out ,it is possible that there is a factory defect in something!

That is probably why no one has said anything an dont know why!

If the servo goes right & left when you operate it ,then that is right ,but if it goes haywire ,then something must
be shorting out ,it is possible that there is a factory defect in something!

That is probably why no one has said anything an dont know why!
Thank you! I’ll take it to the shop tomorrow and find out I guess