When fitting a Picco .26 max engine to a 4907 TMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes. When I looked back at the shot you had posted, I realised it was a Revo.

Thanks mate.

Getting a big block manifold to work on a stock chassis maxx with a .26 will not be easy anyway. If you did make it work it would be too close to the shock tower. There might be a way to do a rear exhaust, as long as it's not a dual outlet pipe.

I'm going with the THS I linked above, the first one not the BB. Maybe someday after I get bored with this setup I will get the BB pipe and send the engine to ERCM for some port tweaking. The pipe and a Sullivans tiger start should arrive in a few days. That pull start is rough with a new and tight engine.

My interim measure for stock location Resonator pipe lol

e78160e9.gif

You guys got any pictures of them fitted?

Frickenjoey, your photos didn't show the full shot, have you got one that shows it all?

Rak12. Keep me posted of your findings with the pipe too please.

I got the THS pipe mounted last night, fits well even with the roll cage. I'm going try to run it today if I get chance. I'll also post post some pics later.

Fits well. Thanks for sharing. Hope you find it gives you more power.

Hey Rak, you can tweak the manifold so the pipe points down. I did that and it makes the mounting a lot more sturdy.

Yes I probably can, the flanges where the manifold and pipe meet each had a flat edge, I just assumed they were alignment edges and therefore lined them up. However looking at it after mounting I dont see why they would need to be aligned per se. With the stinger pointed down it would help to keep the ttruck clean.

rak12

What starter are you using? Also, I see your running a rear wing. Do you still use the std body or another type?

Pictures say a thousand words. ;-)

The starter is a Sullivan Tiger Drive #S682. I mounted it with access toward the "drivers side" to clear the roll cage and wing when using the starter probe.
The wing is a HPI piece for the hellfire. I mounted it directly to the body posts after trimming off the nubs for the body clips. I run the roll cage and dont use a body at all. The wing helps to protect my engine.

http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/wti0001p?&I=LXHGP1

http://www.amainhobbies.com/product...id/6614/n/HPI-Molded-Rear-Wing-Hellfire-Black

Last edited:
Ah. I see. Thanks for that.

Back