When fitting a Picco .26 max engine to a 4907 TMaxx

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CupraR

RCTalk Champion
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
When you guys that have fitted a Picco .26 engine to a 4907 TMaxx 3.3 has your exhaust and coupling joined together ok.

I've just test fitted one and there's an 1/2" difference from stock locations between my exhaust and the end of the silicon reducing coupling that should join it up.

Don't really want to move the exhaust back as this would make the hole in the body not lined up correctly.

Anyone else found this and if so, what did you do?

You pretty much have to cut the body a little bit. I think you are going to find the stock exhaust a bit too restrictive. The best pipe power wise with that engine is the Ofna 086 pipe. If not that then the THS makes a pretty decent pipe too. IF you decide you go with the Ofna pipe... you will need to contact Racer1966 here on this forum. He makes and AWESOME adapter to go on the back of a Picco engine to adapt it to an 1/8 scale exhaust!
IMG_8547.jpg
IMG_8548.jpg
IMG_8539.jpg

Thanks joey.

Would the Ofna pipe then come through stock body location? Or what about the THS, would that?

You've probably guessed it, I like stock(ish) lol.

In your opinion if I ran the stock exhaust would I be running less/more or equal power to the std Trx3.3?

The stock exhaust will hold it back, but it should still make more power than a 3.3.

I use the THS on my 4907/picco 26. It's got plenty of power, but I know the BB pipe would be the way to go.

Well, I've somehow managed to crack two std 3.3 carbs (not by turning them or hitting them or anything for that matter) burnt through 6 glow plugs. Then I saw the Picco come up on eBay and thought why not.

So, if I can get this to run ok on my std Traxxas Resonator and get used to the power, I think I'll then go for another pipe and probably the 1/8 scale as joey suggested then. It would be rude not to.

The 3.3 carb will crack if your throttle linkage is trying to push it too hard past fully open.

It's been cracking at the side of the HSN. Would it crack here still due to the linkage?

4431228e.gif

I have the same truck and motor..you could drill out the pipe..it helps alot..

Thanks. I'll bare this in mind. It may effect the 3.3 though wouldn't it if I went back to it for whatever reason?

Well....my buddy did it to his and he still runs is 3.3...said he has no priblems..as for me i will never run the 3.3 again.....maybe 2revo1max can help...he noes more than i do...

It might affect your 3.3 needle settings, but not by much. I had my stock pipe drilled back in the day, but I didn't notice much difference with a 3.3.

Ah. Nice one guys. Gives me another option.

I'm using the first one you linked, but mines the shiny pipe not the hc.
They also make a curved one like the stock maxx pipe.

I think that is the one I had too before I went with a BB engine in mt T-Maxx. Decent pipe but the Ofna 86 is still the best I found for thePicco

Thanks guys for the input. I don't really want a 1\8 exhaust hanging off the side of the chassis so it kind of rules out the Oona 086. Also I run roll cage which limits my on chassis space. I'll give the first TH'S pipe a shot.

You guys got any pictures of them fitted?

Frickenjoey, your photos didn't show the full shot, have you got one that shows it all?

Rak12. Keep me posted of your findings with the pipe too please.

That picture is on a Revo so would not help you a lot for a T-Maxx. But yes i do have pictures. Still modding the hanger back up for the front though.
IMG_8542.jpg

Back