wheel nut not coming off

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeabajuice

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
Hey guys. For some reason, one of my front wheel nuts does not want to come off. No matter how hard i twist the wrench, it does not want to come off. What to i do?

Are the wheels hex type wheels? On my pede, you need to push the wheel into the hex while holding against the back of the axle, and hold it there as you loosen the nut, otherwise the axle will just spin.

Rustler vxl

Yep, they are hex wheels same as my pede. You need to take your hand and reach around the back side of the front hub / bearing carrier, and push the stub axle out towards the wheel itself to ensure the axle / drive pin seats in the hex in order to get the nut off. I've had it happen on my pede if the nuts loosen just a bit.

Here's an exploded view to help you understand what I'm talking about

http://traxxas.com/sites/default/files/3707_explodedviews_front_100118_0.pdf

so with that hex type wheel, the pin does'nt actually go in the back of the rim where the slot is just the hex does? I need to get a hex conversion for my Bandit. That looks way more durable and easy.

I don't understand it does not work.

Not really sure how I can how I can explain it any better than I did. Yours may have backed out so far that the pin isn't seated in the hex anymore. Try turning the wheel as you press lightly on the back of the stub axle and see if it seats.

so with that hex type wheel, the pin does'nt actually go in the back of the rim where the slot is just the hex does? I need to get a hex conversion for my Bandit. That looks way more durable and easy.

The pin goes through the stub axle same as in the rear, the pin goes into a slot same as the rear, and the hex itself goes into the wheel.

Last edited:
Yeah with the bandit there's no hex, just a slot for the pin on the wheel.

Back