What's Your Next RC(s)?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have it in my mind. I got the 2 speed axial. The original diffs can be modded to lock and unlock via servo. My current 10.2 has the ax10 tranny. I modded the dug to do 2wd to 4wd by servo. I do plan on a trx 4 next year hopefully. Not to fond of the axles on the trx4.
Well there are some things on it that should be better the axles portal gears Electronics. That why I'm going to build it and use parts that it should have..plus I think it be better to do it that way. So don't have to rip it apart after building it🤔 can't get enough of these RCs... always something to play with build upgrade basically whatever you want to do. It can be done..

I have a 1/5 scale Armma Kraton 8S. I got it from Tower Hobbies for about $899. For my next RC I am considering an 1/7 scale Armma Infraction or 1/7 scale Armma Felony. I have also looked at the Losi 1/5 scale DBXL-E 2.0 4WD Desert Buggy, the Losi 1/5 scale K&N DBXL 4WD buggy gas RTR (a nice choice to add a gas powered car), or a Losi LMT 4WD Solid Axle Monster Truck RTR.

Right now my most desired choice is a Armma 1/7 Scale Infraction or Felony. (I have a buggy, the 1/5 scale Armma Kraton 8S, I would love to have a street only vehicle).

other choices include: an Armma 1/8 Scale Notorious 6S V5 4WD BLX Stunt Truck (it would be nice to have something fast in a smaller scale than 1/5 scale.)

Tom Sisson​

I have a 1/5 scale Armma Kraton 8S. I got it from Tower Hobbies for about $899. For my next RC I am considering an 1/7 scale Armma Infraction or 1/7 scale Armma Felony. I have also looked at the Losi 1/5 scale DBXL-E 2.0 4WD Desert Buggy, the Losi 1/5 scale K&N DBXL 4WD buggy gas RTR (a nice choice to add a gas powered car), or a Losi LMT 4WD Solid Axle Monster Truck RTR.

Right now my most desired choice is a Armma 1/7 Scale Infraction or Felony. (I have a buggy, the 1/5 scale Armma Kraton 8S, I would love to have a street only vehicle).

other choices include: an Armma 1/8 Scale Notorious 6S V5 4WD BLX Stunt Truck (it would be nice to have something fast in a smaller scale than 1/5 scale.)

Tom Sisson​

I was about to pull the trigger on that Losi Son-uva Digger then they jacked the price up like $50.

Mugen MTC2 FF whenever they get around to releasing it.

1631445554134.jpeg

I was about to pull the trigger on that Losi Son-uva Digger then they jacked the price up like $50.
It is only $50, so I would still get it. It is pretty much worth it, I have yet to see anyone with buyers remorse after buying one. My buggy, a Armma 1/5 scale Kraton 8S, I bought for $899 from Tower Hobbies, and later they raised the price over $50. I would have still bought it if I waited after the price hike.

Tom Sisson

It is only $50, so I would still get it. It is pretty much worth it, I have yet to see anyone with buyers remorse after buying one. My buggy, a Armma 1/5 scale Kraton 8S, I bought for $899 from Tower Hobbies, and later they raised the price over $50. I would have still bought it if I waited after the price hike.

Tom Sisson
I am holding out for the Kyosho USA-1. I think it should be a much better MT. See the vid I just posted 😉

Maybe a granite blx if I can sell the 6s notorious without taking too much of a bath on it. Too big, heavy and powerful for my uses jumping on pavement. Then Can roughly compare the granite to my tricked out pede.

Or ecx amp or traxxas kit to build something before going all out on a 1/10 tekno or Losi kit. Kinda want to try a sc or truggy but up in the air on it. Maybe I should just get a senton.

Maybe a granite blx if I can sell the 6s notorious without taking too much of a bath on it. Too big, heavy and powerful for my uses jumping on pavement. Then Can roughly compare the granite to my tricked out pede.

Or ecx amp or traxxas kit to build something before going all out on a 1/10 tekno or Losi kit. Kinda want to try a sc or truggy but up in the air on it. Maybe I should just get a senton.
The Granite is a beast on pavement. On 3s it will pull the front end up at like any speed and just hold it there.

Nice, hate to end up with 2 similar trucks but would be a good alt if waiting for parts, should have similar handling and a good second for a fair race with company.

We took ours out last weekend for some light bashing. This was only 75% throttle. On 100% it just wanted to balloon the front tires and spin. It definitely needs some belted tires on loose surfaces.

Been really looking at a trail finder 2 RTR. I have my Kysho outlaw but now I want a scale truck and trailer to pull it around. I got a scx 10 II that I’ve driven maybe twice? But the f100 body is ugly and it doesn’t have any scale details. By time I get everything I’d need and want to make the axial a good looking and performing scale trail truck with enough weight and torque to pull my increasingly heavy Kysho outlaw It would cost me more than just getting a trail finder 2 RTR hilux which already has just about everything that I want for a scale truck that I’ll use to pull around my other truck. Not to mention the insane aftermarket it has

Been really looking at a trail finder 2 RTR. I have my Kysho outlaw but now I want a scale truck and trailer to pull it around. I got a scx 10 II that I’ve driven maybe twice? But the f100 body is ugly and it doesn’t have any scale details. By time I get everything I’d need and want to make the axial a good looking and performing scale trail truck with enough weight and torque to pull my increasingly heavy Kysho outlaw It would cost me more than just getting a trail finder 2 RTR hilux which already has just about everything that I want for a scale truck that I’ll use to pull around my other truck. Not to mention the insane aftermarket it has
If I were looking for a hauler to pull a rig on a trailer, I'd probably look at one of these...

Screenshot_20211023-043246_Amazon Shopping.jpg

CEG8980 Ford F450 1/10 4WD Solid Axle RTR Truck- Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J1HYNP...abc_VYBT8XM1MTG0NKEMJR9D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

If I were looking for a hauler to pull a rig on a trailer, I'd probably look at one of these...

View attachment 135452
CEG8980 Ford F450 1/10 4WD Solid Axle RTR Truck- Blue https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08J1HYNP...abc_VYBT8XM1MTG0NKEMJR9D?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
Yea I’ve seen that before it’s neat but I def like the look of the trail finder 2 hilux much more(and it still looks much more scale) and I want something that can handle rough off-road terrain still. I don’t see that thing handling anything more intense than some pavement or light off-road.

Yea I’ve seen that before it’s neat but I def like the look of the trail finder 2 hilux much more(and it still looks much more scale) and I want something that can handle rough off-road terrain still. I don’t see that thing handling anything more intense than some pavement or light off-road.
I saw an offroad version of it somewhere that somebody did. It was lifted and had some off road tires on it. It wouldn't be a crawler, but it looked like a very capable trail truck.

I have always wanted a 1/10 trailer and a truck to pull stuff around. So share some pics if you come up with anytjing.

Last edited:
I kept jumping back and forth between an Outcast 8s and a couple of 24s. I guess I cured that problem so now the Outcast is in the making.

Only this morning put two Arrma 1/10 MT's on the wish list. Granite 4x4 and Big Rock 4x4. Either or. Not both. Last MT I owned was a Kyosho Tracker back 1999. Think its about time again. Since hanging out on this thread, have the urge again. It's infectious. Thanks guys. :)

Will have to Ebay my stable of ST's to fund this urge.

For now I'm in somewhat of a "holding pattern" with the number of RC vehicles, and instead am focusing on building up a parts/tool supply this Winter. I keep finding out what I should have when it's too late.

If I build anything else it'll be another nitro drag car. I would have to find a nitro Slash/Bandit/Rustler slider cheap as I would want this more as a "backup" that doesn't have a ton of money sunk into it.

Only this morning put two Arrma 1/10 MT's on the wish list. Granite 4x4 and Big Rock 4x4. Either or. Not both. Last MT I owned was a Kyosho Tracker back 1999. Think its about time again. Since hanging out on this thread, have the urge again. It's infectious. Thanks guys. :)

Will have to Ebay my stable of ST's to fund this urge.
We have the V3 Granite 3S BLX. Great truck. If you run it in grass though, plan on breaking rear axles. It needs a looser tire tread for grass, something that slips a bit instead of tangling the blades into the blocky tread pattern. That or looser slipper clutch settings than what I am running.

Back