What's Your Next RC(s)?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WickedFog

Starter of too many projects
Supporter
Excellence Award
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
  2. Crawling
  3. Scale Builder
I keep flip flopping between a Tekno MT410, Axial Ryft kit, TRX4 Sport kit, or an SCX10 II. But if the Kyosho Javelin comes back in stock that is my first priority to snag that one up. Whatever I buy next it has to be a kit. I am also going to start buying parts for an XMaxx.

So what is at the top of your list?

Awesome choices Wicked. I'm still eyeballing a TRX4 kit. Definitely still going to purchase two SCX24s.
I still want to grab a couple more SCX24's as well. I still need the Jeep and I want to build the Betty. Collect the whole set 😜

Oh, and I want to build one into a rock bouncer. And I almost forgot I need one to build into a Monster Truck.........................and I need one to.....🤔

Damn @Pat_ranch turned me into a junkie after seeing his Taco truck in action.
edna-mode.gif

I still want to grab a couple more SCX24's as well. I still need the Jeep and I want to build the Betty. Collect the whole set 😜

Oh, and I want to build one into a rock bouncer. And I almost forgot I need one to build into a Monster Truck.........................and I need one to.....🤔

Damn @Pat_ranch turned me into a junkie after seeing his Taco truck in action.
View attachment 132209
That's the beauty of this hobby, we restore our childhood.

My short list, Element Ecto crawler, Arrma Infraction street truck, (not sure if it will ever fit in the budget) and of course another SCX24 or two, the little guys are addicting. :) Lot's of stuff I want, just trying to be realistic.

Building my Xmaxx is getting my full attention right now but when it's finished, I'll look into my 24s I want.

I think my next new buys will be a couple of rock crawlers this Christmas - one for me and one for the grandson. Have no clue what to get, how big to get, what brand to get, no idea whatsoever....

I think my next new buys will be a couple of rock crawlers this Christmas - one for me and one for the grandson. Have no clue what to get, how big to get, what brand to get, no idea whatsoever....
Join the SCX24 club man 😉

They are cheap, lots of mods available for them, and very capable little 24th scale trucks. And they come with everything. Only thing needed is a charge cable to use a regular hobby grade charger. They need a JST PH 2.0 plug on one end of the charge lead, and I had to solder one up. Other crawlers I would look at if you want a 1/10 scale are the Traxxas TRX4, an SCX10 II, and a Redcat Gen8. There are others, but I think those are the most popular.

I will google the SCX24 - no clue what that really means; but from what you are saying it is a small one?

I think I want one about the size of my TMaxx - I think. We will take it out on trails.

I will google the SCX24 - no clue what that really means; but from what you are saying it is a small one?
Scx is axial crawler line. 24 is 24th scale. Scx20 is the 10th scale. I can yalk good about the 10.2 or axial scx10 ii.
As mentioned, axial, trx4, and gen8 are to look at. They should have a good parts following.

The tenth scaled are traxxas stampede size. The tmaxx is called tenth but its close to 8th. Here is my axial 10.2 next to my 2.5 maxx, pretty sure its the narrow arms. I do run 3.3 revo maxx bodies on my 10.2

Last edited:
I'm thinking anything with wheels.
TRX-4 2speed, few 24s, Kra8, and you never know..really wanting a boat especially after seeing the BLACKJACK 42" anything to build
I love the kits or just build part by part. Like "Tune" is with the X. And a few upgraded parts for my X... the 24s are a must after I've seen what you guys have done with them so cool.. next big boy is the Kra8. Which I'm going to look into parts. And maybe join bandwagon and part it together...either way I'm always down for RCs love them all
Going to need more space🤦🏻‍♂️🤫🤣🤣

Pic thst can't be edited in.

Attachments

• 16313627397751865940737.jpg
    16313627397751865940737.jpg
    461.6 KB · Views: 33
Scx is axial crawler line. 24 is 24th scale. Scx20 is the 10th scale. I can yalk good about the 10.2 or axial scx10 ii.
As mentioned, axial, trx4, and gen8 are to look at. They should have a good parts following.

The tenth scaled are traxxas stampede size. The tmaxx is called tenth but its close to 8th.
Look at the TRX-4 complete kit. It's a 2speed crawler. With locking diff. High /low gears... that's the one I'm going with 1/10 scale.. 👍👍
Pic thst can't be edited in.
What you doing with the Sav and maxx??

Look at the TRX-4 complete kit. It's a 2speed crawler. With locking diff. High /low gears... that's the one I'm going with 1/10 scale.. 👍👍
I have it in my mind. I got the 2 speed axial. The original diffs can be modded to lock and unlock via servo. My current 10.2 has the ax10 tranny. I modded the dug to do 2wd to 4wd by servo. I do plan on a trx 4 next year hopefully. Not to fond of the axles on the trx4.

If you are going out on trails, yeah, you will probably want a 1/10. The SCX24's are like small enough you can shove a couple in a backpack. But they would still be fun out in the wild given the right terrain.

The TRX4 having the locking diffs would add to the coolness factor, and when on the trail you could turn the diff locks off for better trail running. Then lock em up to hit the rocks.

Look in the Crawl Chronicles thread in the rock crawler forum. Lots of great info, pics, and peer pressure in that thread 😉

Back