What's the name of the part that's broken?

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gsrikar

RC Newbie
Reaction score
Hi ,

Can someone please advise what is the name of part circled ..broken here?
I got this RC car from a friend .. tried looking in google for hours .. but found nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sri

IMG_7253.jpg

IMG_7254.jpg

Hi ,

Can someone please advise what is the name of part circled ..broken here?
I got this RC car from a friend .. tried looking in google for hours .. but found nothing.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Sri

View attachment 161112

View attachment 161113
Its called the steering block, or, the steering knuckle, but, i can tell you from experience, parts are not available for that car, so, the only way to actually fix it is to try and rig one from another vehicle. And, even though there are some sites that say they are Exceed RC, they arent. They are a cheap Chinese off brand throw away. You can sometimes find them new on eBay for less than $60: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162377210765

You could also try jb weld or plastic weld but imo best way would be to remove screw. Put a glob on let it cure dremel and drill and retap. Might want to include an aluminum or brass reinforcement. Also a small piece of carbom fiber could stregthen. Just dont try to superglue it will probably lock yp steering. I found trying to swap other brands you end up replacing much more than just the broken piece. Good luck man. The garage has openned lol

Driveline 🤪

steering knuckle
Thank you.
You could also try jb weld or plastic weld but imo best way would be to remove screw. Put a glob on let it cure dremel and drill and retap. Might want to include an aluminum or brass reinforcement. Also a small piece of carbom fiber could stregthen. Just dont try to superglue it will probably lock yp steering. I found trying to swap other brands you end up replacing much more than just the broken piece. Good luck man. The garage has openned lol
Thank you . .yes i couldnt

Thats right ... thinking of buying a workbench and tools .. with just one broken car. God help what happens when i buy some good cars... haha
Thank you for your help.
Its called the steering block, or, the steering knuckle, but, i can tell you from experience, parts are not available for that car, so, the only way to actually fix it is to try and rig one from another vehicle. And, even though there are some sites that say they are Exceed RC, they arent. They are a cheap Chinese off brand throw away. You can sometimes find them new on eBay for less than $60: https://www.ebay.com/itm/162377210765
Yep .. didn't find any thing after spending 4-5 hrs easily. I had a feeling that i can dig out anything in google ..but this one .. is crazy..
Thanks for sharing the links.

Last edited:
Maybe you can get someone that prints nylon to print one up for you? Or if you know anyone with a CNC machine to fab one for you out of aluminum? Might be more than buying one but if you make a few you will have extras.

Back