whats the best free gps app for android

Welcome to RCTalk

Come join other RC enthusiasts! You'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bergoff

RCTalk Addict
Reaction score
RC Driving Style
  1. Bashing
I'm going on vacation and my hand held gps as died for some reason. I only use it once a year so I really don't want to buy another one. I just want to use my DROIDX. I will only be marking the dock, fishing spots when my guide is not looking, and the boat launch.

Best free GPS app I've found and used several times for the Droid is Google Maps. Works perfectly, gives you turn by turn instructions and voice navigation - and it's free!

I use that when I'm driving in the truck but I want something for out on the lake. The lake that the cabin I'm staying at is 4000 acres and I would like to make waypoints. Gps essentials seems ok I'll try it for awhile.

like Woody said , there is google map...and if you go in settings / more / labs...you can save map areas for use when there is no cell signal ..but I'm not sure how to save a waypoint ..... if you have cell reception where you are going , you can try '' android speedometer '' has GPS , speedometer , ..compass, speed ,you can also record routes and locations

Back